Home

Classic teams for NCAA 2004?

This is a discussion on Classic teams for NCAA 2004? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Classic teams for NCAA 2004?

Does anyone know which classic teams will be available for NCAA 2004?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Classic teams for NCAA 2004?

The 100+ NEW Classic Teams include 1930 Notre Dame, 1956 Oklahoma, 1972 USC, 1985 Auburn , and 2002 Ohio State.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

We can speculate on some teams. If I had it my way (& I never do) it should have Auburn teams from '93, `87, `83, `72, `71, `57 .......I'm sure there will be a zillion Ala, NE, Okla, ND teams ........I've heard alot of folks talk about the Classic/Historic teams like they're worthless but I'm actually looking foward to them.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
Pro

DirtyDozen's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, it's not like they're taking away current teams in order to have historical ones. What's the harm? The more teams the better I say. Besides, it will be cool to see the old teams playing in the old gear. I'm all for it.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree and I like the old unis touch. It kind of reminds me of FIFA 2001 (?) on the PS1 where classic teams had a grainy tint to give it that old tv feel. What I have been wondering, is whether we will be able to import a dynasty team to play a classic team? Does anyone know? I know its in Madden so I was kind of hoping NCAA would have it this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2003, 03:06 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

How fun will it be to run the option with the 80's Sooners? Plus getting to play that defense with "The Boz" in the middle. I'm not a USC fan, but using O.J. will be fun too (without the knife of course).
Old 05-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

I love classic teams. I always thought it would be a great idea to try and include a "great team" for as many different schools as possible. It is great fun to play with all the Oklahoma, Notre Dame teams etc.- But, I believe that fans of ALL schools are acutely aware of "their" greatest teams and would really enjoy having them available. I even think EA would find this increases sales since knowing you would have at least one rendition of your sschool that was "great" would make it especially rewarding for everyone. In my case I'm a big Mizzou guy and I know I would dearly love to have some of the old time Missouri teams -like 1969--when we had Mel Gray-Joe Moore etc.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #8
Rookie

I am looking forward to the classic teams as well. I wonder if these teams will have playbooks that are closer to what the teams actually ran. It's kind of silly for a Notre Dame team from the 1930's to have a 3 or 4 wide set, for example. I doubt we'll see the Notre Dame Box set, but at least we should have single and double wing sets for the teams of this era with counters and traps ran out of the set.

Brett

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »