Home

Any CHANCE NCAA Politics played a role in most players being HIGHLY RATED?

This is a discussion on Any CHANCE NCAA Politics played a role in most players being HIGHLY RATED? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Any CHANCE NCAA Politics played a role in most players being HIGHLY RATED?

Just a thought...due to all this progression issue discussion and players being all too highly rated even on the cupcake teams. Is it possible this is due to relationships with the real NCAA and EA trying not to insult teams/players due to some sort of political reasons?

Also, btw

I just dont have the time to read all of these Patch 2 details post. Can someone simply tell me if any of these issues were addressed in the 2nd patch:

-Broadcast CAM added

-Realistically delay the CPU quick snap to allow human players time to make defensive presnap adjustments at the Line of Scrimmage

-Tweak the Progression issue to allow more variety in talent and lack of

-Tweak the current CAM to address high degree of over the shoulder CAM Wobble/ or add the 2008 CAM as a selectable Option in the settings screen

Any luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Any CHANCE NCAA Politics played a role in most players being HIGHLY RATED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
Just a thought...due to all this progression issue discussion and players being all too highly rated even on the cupcake teams. Is it possible this is due to relationships with the real NCAA and EA trying not to insult teams/players due to some sort of political reasons?

Also, btw

I just dont have the time to read all of these Patch 2 details post. Can someone simply tell me if any of these issues were addressed in the 2nd patch:

-Broadcast CAM added

-Realistically delay the CPU quick snap to allow human players time to make defensive presnap adjustments at the Line of Scrimmage

-Tweak the Progression issue to allow more variety in talent and lack of

-Tweak the current CAM to address high degree of over the shoulder CAM Wobble/ or add the 2008 CAM as a selectable Option in the settings screen

Any luck?
no to all.

Quote:
Hey guys here are the patch notes for the upcoming NCAA 10 patch for Xbox 360 and PS3:

-Player Lock in Online Games will now move the camera behind the locked player (like Offline games)

-Greatly increased the quality of uploaded videos

-Fixed an issue with penalties on a change of possession in Overtime

-Fixed an issue where you would sometimes lose control of your player going offsides in no huddle situations

-Tuned holding chances on Field Goals and Extra Points

-Fixed a couple pass coverage issues with Wild Cat plays

-Tuned the chuck success chances to favor more neutral results. Wins and Losses are extreme and should occur less for both the offense and defense

-AI Tackle slider is now more effective

-Lead Blocking tweaks to fix some cases of pulling lineman ignoring defenders

-Fixed a few rare cases that would cause players in pursuit to run away from the ball carrier

-Tuned the CPU ball carrier to make some smarter choices

-Fixed a bug where the CPU would high step at inappropriate times

-Tuned player switching logic to give a more appropriate player

-Fixed an issue with Punts being spotted incorrectly when the punt went out of bounce

-Corrected an issue where pressing in man coverage would cause the CPU to throw the ball too early

-If the receiver caught a pass during a slip, rarely would he be ruled down after the catch (even if he got up before making the catch). This has been fixed.

-Fixed a bug where sometimes the clock would continue to run after hold on an extra point

-Forward pitches are now correctly tracked as passing and receiving yards for the players involved

-Receivers will now try and release to the appropriate side of the defender based on their route

-Fixed some problems that were causing defensive players to not always get back in time during hurry up plays

-Reduced the effect of the Run Block Slider on special teams plays

-Tuned how effective the slant route for running backs out of the backfield was

-Tuned how far away diving sacks will start from

-Fixed an online grieve with pausing the game

-Fixed a bug where using a TeamBuilder team as the away team would cause the team colors to be incorrect

-Fixed an issue where some Dynasty teams were only able to offer 15 scholarships. You will not have to restart your dynasty for this to take effect, the fix is for offline and online dynasties.

-Certain TeamBuilder teams were incorrectly being blocked by the profanity filter and showing up as XXXX, this has been corrected

-Fixed and issue where Punt was not the default selection on 4th down and punting distance

-Off-centered single digit jersey numbers are now centered correctly

-Fixed a crash in Custom Stadium Sounds when the list of files was too long

-TeamBuilder teams with & in the name can now be searched properly

-Fixed an issue where the “Online Dynasty Servers are Down” pop-up was showing up incorrectly

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-25-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it has more to do with Madden's new rating system then anything. They need highly rated NCAA players for imported draft classes to work.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 08-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

No, it has to do with the fact that they don't use the whole range of scores and thus there tends to be a glut at the top end and little variation in between.

Unless a player is rated 85+ he's a serious liability.

This is a symptom of bad design.

Further, the ratings system they currently use is broken, which is one of the biggest problems with the game.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

i popped in ncaa 2004 the other day and was amazed how much of a disparity there was between ratings. there simply wasnt the every player on a top 10 team being 85+ovr crap that has become the norm.

if jalen is correct thats unfortunate. i do think there is a level of overrating the big fanbase teams so that those fans will be more likely to buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
i popped in ncaa 2004 the other day and was amazed how much of a disparity there was between ratings. there simply wasnt the every player on a top 10 team being 85+ovr crap that has become the norm.

if jalen is correct thats unfortunate. i do think there is a level of overrating the big fanbase teams so that those fans will be more likely to buy.
Thats funny I did the same thing and noticed the same thing you did. I don't think it's a coincidence that 2004 was one of the best NCAA's of all time.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Maybe it's a function of so many people on the forums screaming about how their team's star freshman should be rated so highly or how their #2 QB who has never thrown a meaningful pass should be an 85 OVR. I occasionally see people saying that a rating is too high on their favorite team, but the calls to increase ratings far outweigh those.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

They need to stretch out the ratings as they did in Madden. I swear in NCAA the ratings only range from 75-99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »