Home

Shedding Light on the Progression Bug

This is a discussion on Shedding Light on the Progression Bug within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #33
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Shedding Light on the Progression Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I guess I was talking about something else. I know progression is prestige based.
People had begun to discuss what(without any knowledge my self included) the sim engine does to calculate W's and L's and the variables. We were worried about teams like Troy State etc... being able to defeat teams because it was assumed that team ratings were a large player in the sim engine. Thats what the disscussion was about.

Adam, I hope you don't think I was trying to put words in your mouth, I may be upset about the game but I would not do that. It is quite likely I may have misunderstood your answer to the question. Either way my apologies
Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #34
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I guess I was talking about something else. I know progression is prestige based.
My only question is, that going on the assumption that all these variables are interconnected, would it not be a factual staetment to say that all of these variables affect the entire dynasty mode in some way or another? Teams that have the best players consequently are rated in the A+ and A categories, so what would be the purpose of team ratings if it plays no part in the varience of simulated computer games?

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 08-25-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

It's Troy now. Not Troy St.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
My only question is, that going on the assumption that all these variables are interconnected, would it not be a factual staetment to say that all of these variables affect the entire dynasty mode in some way or another? Teams that have the best players consequently are rated in the A+ and A categories, so what would be the purpose of team ratings if it plays no part in the varience of simulated computer games?
I personally believe that team ratings are there for just for the user...Probably a simple if statement code to help users quickly differentiate between good and bad teams.

Ex: If team Ovr >= XXX,XXX = A+
esle " " " " " " " = A (You get the drift)

I personally don't see why the programmers would dumb things down to this level to use in the sim engine.

If they did, everybody would see crazy Top 25's and it would vary each year due to the inflated team ratings. For the most part, the powerhouses remain powerhouses throughout which leads me to believe that the CPU just spits out an arbitrairily calculated letter for each team. The sim engine has to include the complex stuff.

Just my theory.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #37
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Adam is this patchable? Please reply.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

fyi - found this on the EA forum:
__________________________________________________ _

So I just got done running multiple sims into years 10+ and on average my players overalls looked like this:

99 OVR ~30
90-98 OVR ~550

Which with roughly 8,000 players puts only 14.5% of the players over 90. Now I've read the reports of people not getting these numbers and some of them being pretty much spot on (maybe a tad high, but not broken).

Other then saying "Progression is broken" provide some details please; like:

Are you using an accelerator?
What year are you in?
How many players are at 99? (if you can do the 90+ count that would be helpful as well, but it takes a little bit more effort)
What Team are you using?
Offline/Online Dynasty?
And anything else you might think is useful...

Thanks,
-Russ

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/290164.page
Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #39
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
fyi - found this on the EA forum:
__________________________________________________ _

So I just got done running multiple sims into years 10+ and on average my players overalls looked like this:

99 OVR ~30
90-98 OVR ~550

Which with roughly 8,000 players puts only 14.5% of the players over 90. Now I've read the reports of people not getting these numbers and some of them being pretty much spot on (maybe a tad high, but not broken).

Other then saying "Progression is broken" provide some details please; like:

Are you using an accelerator?
What year are you in?
How many players are at 99? (if you can do the 90+ count that would be helpful as well, but it takes a little bit more effort)
What Team are you using?
Offline/Online Dynasty?
And anything else you might think is useful...

Thanks,
-Russ

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/290164.page
Interesting......
Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #40
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Interesting......
I am reading this right? Does he think nothing is wrong with those tests? I have seen 60+ 99 overall players in several years in many dynasties don't let those averages fool ya. On the defalut rosters there are what 4 -99 overall players? How is this not seen as a huge problem?? WOW

What exactly does the word broken really mean?

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 08-25-2009 at 07:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »