Home

Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

This is a discussion on Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
True, some people have been overly harsh.

But, the people who spend time on this board spend way more than $60 for NCAA Football. By spending countless hours trying to debug, do research on progression issues and giving overall suggestions, we are spending $1,000-10,000 every year for this game. Think about it, if you spent 10 hours learning a new skill or working overtime, you would be ahead financially.

If we as a fan base give 100% to this game, and the developers do not address the two biggest issues: Fatigue and progression, then there is a mismatch of expectations. Many people have the right to feel upset about it.

The relationship between us die-hard fans and developers is a 2 way street. In exchange for getting some inside info, we help make the game better. Adam gets as much out of these boards as we do from him.

I'm with you, and I resent people like OP that essentially say "take mediocrity and like it".

It just enables the lukewarm efforts coming from EA. These games seem to advance in one area and regress in another, contain a fix for an old issue but give you a new one in exchange. In the case of NCAA, this year's version still fails to offer as much as last gen in presentation and in some cases dynasty and gameplay.

Reasons for the complaints. They may sometimes be voiced immaturely but there are reasons.

And trust me EA and Tiburon don't let employees play on boards in the company name they know who's where and it's under some assignment or control. Big companies aren't stupid.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
I'm with you, and I resent people like OP that essentially say "take mediocrity and like it".

It just enables the lukewarm efforts coming from EA. These games seem to advance in one area and regress in another, contain a fix for an old issue but give you a new one in exchange. In the case of NCAA, this year's version still fails to offer as much as last gen in presentation and in some cases dynasty and gameplay.

Reasons for the complaints. They may sometimes be voiced immaturely but there are reasons.

And trust me EA and Tiburon don't let employees play on boards in the company name they know who's where and it's under some assignment or control. Big companies aren't stupid.
Obviously, I'm barely on this board and when I am I always seem to come across you whining.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

Presentation sucks
Getting the user immersed in dynasty sucks
Stat overlays & updating games around the NCAA sucks
Progression is too high
Recruits are too good
Poll logic still flawed

On the field it plays pretty damn good! I also love stadium sounds! It's your fault if you don't take advantage of this great feature.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Presentation sucks
Getting the user immersed in dynasty sucks
Stat overlays & updating games around the NCAA sucks
Progression is too high
Recruits are too good
Poll logic still flawed

On the field it plays pretty damn good! I also love stadium sounds! It's your fault if you don't take advantage of this great feature.
So Stadium Sound is now a feature??? Blah

Playbooks suck
AI sucks
Blocking sucks
Player Ratings suck because they mean nothing

Man I could go on forever. People in our society strive for mediocrity anymore rather than striving for the best. It is the middle school method of patting every kid on the back even when they are a turd. It is the philosophy to socially promote a student from one grade to the next even though they made an F in every class. It is the theory of giving someone welfare even though they don't look for a job and continue to give our world another meaningless life when they become pregnant again.

Just sad that people think average is OK anymore.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor

I didn't say anything like "take mediocrity and like it." I am simply saying that there is a certain way to go about things. The way some people act on this board is rediculous.

I just think EA deserves to hear that some people love the game as much as they get trashed. I mean ncaa 10's flaws are so small compared to 09 and 08 that people act like it's the end of the world with some minor flaws. Dynasty isn't broken, if you play enough to encounter the problem then you should be good enough to enjoy the better competition. I've played 75 games online and didn't notice any fatigue problem until it was pointed out to me. Ok the defense doesn't get tired (my offense does), i think it's better that way anyway b/c the balence is still shifted to offense in this game and defense can use all the help it can get.

I'm just saying, act right... no need to go crazy and demand explainations. Maybe it wasnt fixable through a patch... happy?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Since I am pretty much disgusted with the overall tone of this board I am going to say my piece and leave you all to your trashing. I originally was attracted to this board because it often has the latest information on updates and insight from the developers. But over the last few months the hate and disrespect shown toward the people who work so hard to give us some enjoyment in our free time has grown out of control. It’s not that I don’t like the negative feedback; it’s the way it is given. Calling for people to be fired in this economy is something you shouldn’t wish on anyone. People calling for the heads of the producers… it’s ridiculous. I am all for the wishlist threads and what not but all these posts about how Adam has explaining to do? He doesn’t have to explain a thing to anyone! Neither does Russ or anyone else who posts here or anywhere else. IT IS A PREVELAGE to have these people give you inside information and updates about the game that you can’t get anywhere else. I understand the need to share your wishes and idea’s but it should be done in a respectful manor, b/c sooner or later these people are going to get sick of your SHH and never post again. You are not all developers, you don’t work on games, you don’t know what it takes to put a game together, and you don’t have any insight in to their budget, working environment, or what their bosses are telling them they can and can’t do.

I don’t think anyone can argue that NCAA has gotten better every year on the next gen consoles. That’s really all you can ask for people. Would you rather have 09 be the best ever and 10 be unplayable? Not me! NCAA 04 was a great game, guess what, it was the 4th year of ncaa on ps2. We are in year three on next gen…

That being said I want to thank Adam for deal with people’s “stuff” and always coming back for more. I don’t blame you if you ever choose to leave the board. I just want to thank the entire NCAA EA Staff for all of the work you have done to build a better game every year. Although there is always wants and needs and tweaks to do, I appreciate the work have you have done to give me an enjoyable outlet from the stress of working and paying bills. NCAA 10 is by far my favorite football game and I have I been playing since the SNES and NES days. Please keep up the good work and take everything said on these boards with a grain of salt. You can’t please everyone and you never will. Just continue to put out a better game every year and you will make me happy along with many other people.

Off with my head. Peace.
Appreciated
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I resent people like USWAY who dont like the game and thinks that should be everybody elses opinion about it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5

First I want to thank Adam for coming here and keeping us informed. The issues people may have with this game are not reflective of any one individual. Adam is the ever important life line to the Dev team. While I believe critiques are our right, given that we pay for the product, and feedback is essential to the Dev team anyway, some people go to far or do it inappropriately. EA needs to step up and get this game back to 06 levels with the presentation, formation subs, etc... It's hard to justify those missing elements when they'vebeen there before.

With all that said, I'm enjoying this game more than any other football game in years. Congrats for that and let's see a HR out of thebox next year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »