Home

Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

This is a discussion on Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

Yea screw off haters! This isn't a thread for you! This is a thread for intelligent people who enjoy the game for what it is. I love playing this game! People complain about progression…what the hell are they talking about? The progression rocks! I have like 6 guys over 99 on my team now; I could never do that in older outdated versions. It means that I’ve done a great job recruiting and being such a good player has really raised my self esteem! I appreciate the developers coming on here and giving us soooo much info about what’s being patched, when things are getting done, and they really listen to the community about what we want in the game. We only had to wait a few weeks to get the sliders fixed again, it’s no big deal tho, broken sliders just means you have to call better plays…if you can’t keep up with the CPU scoring 70 points a game, well then that’s your problem. So what if the zone coverage doesn’t work great…The wide-open game play is what makes this game so fun! And why is everyone complaining about all the features that were in last gen that aren’t in this gen? Have you seen the graphics, they are like 10 times better! Again I’d just want to thank EA, the developers, and everyone associated with this game. Without you and your game I think I’d just kill myself because life without this game would be a life not worth living. Oh and to all these “haters” sipping their “haterade” quit being so ignorant! How come you can’t accept some people love this game...and think your opinion should be everyone else’s!!! Oh and if you don't agree that the game is awesome, then you’re a water head communist nazi ****** who doesn’t know anything about real football! GO AMERICA!!!!

***DISCLAIMER: This message was recorded with extreme sarcasm***

Last edited by MonteCarloFresh; 08-27-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

Yeah, I will give props to EA this year. Aside from some little nagging things, this game is pretty dang solid. The gameplay is great.

Looking forward to 11; I think this is a great base to build from.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Since I am pretty much disgusted with the overall tone of this board I am going to say my piece and leave you all to your trashing. I originally was attracted to this board because it often has the latest information on updates and insight from the developers. But over the last few months the hate and disrespect shown toward the people who work so hard to give us some enjoyment in our free time has grown out of control. It’s not that I don’t like the negative feedback; it’s the way it is given. Calling for people to be fired in this economy is something you shouldn’t wish on anyone. People calling for the heads of the producers… it’s ridiculous. I am all for the wishlist threads and what not but all these posts about how Adam has explaining to do? He doesn’t have to explain a thing to anyone! Neither does Russ or anyone else who posts here or anywhere else. IT IS A PREVELAGE to have these people give you inside information and updates about the game that you can’t get anywhere else. I understand the need to share your wishes and idea’s but it should be done in a respectful manor, b/c sooner or later these people are going to get sick of your SHH and never post again. You are not all developers, you don’t work on games, you don’t know what it takes to put a game together, and you don’t have any insight in to their budget, working environment, or what their bosses are telling them they can and can’t do.

I don’t think anyone can argue that NCAA has gotten better every year on the next gen consoles. That’s really all you can ask for people. Would you rather have 09 be the best ever and 10 be unplayable? Not me! NCAA 04 was a great game, guess what, it was the 4th year of ncaa on ps2. We are in year three on next gen…

That being said I want to thank Adam for deal with people’s “stuff” and always coming back for more. I don’t blame you if you ever choose to leave the board. I just want to thank the entire NCAA EA Staff for all of the work you have done to build a better game every year. Although there is always wants and needs and tweaks to do, I appreciate the work have you have done to give me an enjoyable outlet from the stress of working and paying bills. NCAA 10 is by far my favorite football game and I have I been playing since the SNES and NES days. Please keep up the good work and take everything said on these boards with a grain of salt. You can’t please everyone and you never will. Just continue to put out a better game every year and you will make me happy along with many other people.

Off with my head. Peace.
Good post! Good perspective!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Haters, please do not post in this thread. Let them have their EA appreciation thread to themselves.

The same way I don't want posters coming into the threads that talk about legitimate issues and say that the game is 100% perfect.
The difference is that when we post about issues we are actually trying to have discourse. When people post these threads they are being simple-minded trolls.

They're not looking for a sanctuary of sunshine pumpers, they are looking at calling everyone else "whiners" and "crybabies".
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
The difference is that when we post about issues we are actually trying to have discourse. When people post these threads they are being simple-minded trolls.

They're not looking for a sanctuary of sunshine pumpers, they are looking at calling everyone else "whiners" and "crybabies".
Right, and as long as they can keep it in their own thread and stay out of the ones where we voice our legitimate complaints, let them have it.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloFresh
Yea screw off haters! This isn't a thread for you! This is a thread for intelligent people who enjoy the game for what it is. I love playing this game! I appreciate the developers coming on here and giving us soooo much info about what’s being patched, when things are getting done, and they really listen to the community about what we want in the game. And why is everyone complaining about all the features that were in last gen that aren’t in this gen? Have you seen the graphics, they are like 10 times better! Again I’d just want to thank EA, the developers, and everyone associated with this game. Oh and to all these “haters” sipping their “haterade” quit being so ignorant! How come you can’t accept some people love this game...and think your opinion should be everyone else’s!!!
**FIXED
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

If any of you have ever worked in a development environment you would understand the developers don't call the shots. Their is a management team in place that decides what the developers can work on. I am sure that all the developers would like to fix the issue to make the product more suitable to all the sim gamers. The problem is EA CEO is concerned with money and his management team thats in place for ncaa 2009 are concerned with meeting the initiative of the company. The facts of the matter is due to the economy EA laid off a bunch of programmers and more than likely they are understaffed in the development department.

If you guys put 100 of hours in their game debugging that is a choice u make. You are volunteering , if you really think your that good at debugging then apply for a job at EA. Join their quality assurance team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #32
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I for one appreciate Adam coming here to keep us informed(even when I think he is just giving us the "EA Answer" to things). I still think they add way to much fluff from year to year. And should focus on prefecting the fundamentals. And less on Celebrating with mascouts and Team Builder. Sometimes less is more. I would like to see the team tune there approach.

There is nothing wrong with anybody pointing out the things they like in hopes that the are in the next year. But be honest with yourself its way more productive to point out the flaws. This game would have way more holes in it if all people did was pat the dev team on there backs in every thread.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »