Home

NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA PS3 Patch #2 impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
I think mine is 30-35.. Go up and down til you like it

thats what she said lol, but really, i have noticed wayyyyyyy more stat overlays esp for individual players, i like that alot.

but the thing that i really noticed is that this game now plays the same as it did fresh out the box, before the patches. that first patch just messed toooo many things up imo
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 08-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
except most people messing with sliders actually make the game harder for themselves. Try again.
BS.

Just leave it on Heisman if you want to make it harder.

No, you're talking about AA and adjusting the sliders to make it less easy. However, if you didn't have sliders, or difficulty levels, you wouldn't need sliders, just a better recruiting coordinator.\

So you, "try again". (Who the hell says that?)
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play on Heisman and the slider set I use is more difficult than the base heisman sliders? Have it set so I actually get stopped in the running game and the comp. AI has a little easier time of rushing.

I have my rush defense set at 0, so I actually give up 100+ yd games every so often. And with pass coverage at 35, there are times when you just cant stop a decent QB.

Last edited by Stack; 08-30-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #36
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
I play on Heisman and the slider set I use is more difficult than the base heisman sliders? Have it set so I actually get stopped in the running game and the comp. AI has a little easier time of rushing.

I have my rush defense set at 0, so I actually give up 100+ yd games every so often. And with pass coverage at 35, there are times when you just cant stop a decent QB.
Don't say that! He won't believe you
Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #37
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1
Fantastic Rant!!! Really. Except for one thing....English is becoming the world's primary language.

I think they should keep the sliders and difficulty levels for you dopes that know nothing about football, but love to comment on it whenever you can on message boards.

However, I do think they should make an option for us more experienced footballers to turn the difficulty levels and sliders off completely.
What does this mean? So do you think that the game is balanced on Heisman default. So your saying that Tiburon made a perfectly balanced game made based perfectly off real college football? Just going off that list on the SECOND patch they didnt really do anything correct out of the box. What you must not see is what guys that know alot about football know. This game is a very poor replication of real college football in the default sliders.

The lines don't get proper push or to much push going off their ability's. Part of the reason the cpu can't run the ball. Way to many int's for hum's on 50. It is a issue that has and will always be a prob on this generation. The hum QB acc is way to high. These are just a few. If you look across the slider sets you will notice that they share alot of sliders. Mostly in ares where the devs. made very base mistakes. Really for me Heisman is way to easy on default. The cpu just cant run the ball. Anyway just trying to show you the light. Pay attention to the details and i think you will start to see what we do. And Rudy, that was good **** man.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #38
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

I cannot believe some guy is actually using his high school football experience to say he knows a lot about football. Buddy, as someone older than you who played football in HS and in college let me be the first to enlighten you. What you are playing now isn't football, its exercise. It is like advanced P.E.

If you play at the next level you will actually be playing football, until then, please stop making yourself look stupid. Why do you think most kids have to redshirt in college? It is because they know so little about the actual game of football that they need a year just to study fundamental concepts. The fact that you didn't adjust the sliders to make your run game more difficult and the cpu run game easier shows that you are indeed a kid who confuses exercise with football.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

I also think the problem is that, as usual, there are sliders that mess with two different parts of the game...

For example, I raised CPUs run blocking slider to 80 ... ok ok I had too much of pancakes, but the other thing that I saw was that cpu players were always breaking the first tackle.. the problem is I didnt touch the rb ability slider.... I was being torched for like 230 yards a game..

I've toned down rb blocking to 60 and raised my tackling and now there running 50 to 60 yards.. I have to tone down my defensive run stopping until I get where I want

we have to experiment experiment experiment until it feels right... for example last night was the first time (im in season 4) that the QB KILLED me on passing.. +400 yards 30-40 ... I could not stop him, but at the end, when it mattered, got 3 sacks for a total of 6 .. so its ok ..

My real gripe is with the autosub feature, that seems to work only when it wants to work .. and I think this is the culprit for more injuries, because if your players are not subbed, then they get tired and are more susceptible to injury.. so I dont get why they didint fix this...

Oh and that thing that they cant patch a third time.. why dont you consider it as a "roster download" a la madden and please fis the autosub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hah
Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I cannot believe some guy is actually using his high school football experience to say he knows a lot about football. Buddy, as someone older than you who played football in HS and in college let me be the first to enlighten you. What you are playing now isn't football, its exercise. It is like advanced P.E.

If you play at the next level you will actually be playing football, until then, please stop making yourself look stupid. Why do you think most kids have to redshirt in college? It is because they know so little about the actual game of football that they need a year just to study fundamental concepts. The fact that you didn't adjust the sliders to make your run game more difficult and the cpu run game easier shows that you are indeed a kid who confuses exercise with football.
Exactly. As soon as he referenced his "high school playing days" I thought that was funny. Jim Rome would be proud. Al Bundy scored 4 TDs in one game at Polk High. I bet he's awesome at NCAA 10!!

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-31-2009 at 09:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »