Home

Celebrate with the Mascot

This is a discussion on Celebrate with the Mascot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Celebrate w/the Mascot?
A. Leave it as is 26 23.01%
B. 15-yard-penalty 44 38.94%
C. Take it out completely 43 38.05%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #25
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Celebrate with the Mascot

I want them to remove all of their terrible celebration animations.

Nothing kills big TD more than seeing my player jump up and down like a little girl. All I want is for the real NCAA celebration in the game where all the players touch helmets and that stuff. That's all I want. I want my players flipping the ball to the ref and then celebrating with their teammates, not some individualistic celebration.

HOWEVER, the little shimmy they do sometimes can stay! But a flag should be attached.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

I would say leave it in and add a 15-yard penalty if someones uses the mascot, if possible. It would add some more realism.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I say they keep it. We are not playing 'real' football we are playing a video game. A game is supposed to be fun... I rarely use the mascot celebration unless I am playing a friend or pull of a huge play.

I guess a 15 yd penalty would be cool though so there is a consequence to the action.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Get rid of it. Not only does it take up space, it's foolish. Celebrations are fine, but I can't remember one NCAA game where a player ran over and celebrated like that with their mascot. EVER.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #29
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't have a problem with this. Realistic or not it's fun for some people. I think this is a very minor issue at best. Just my opinion.

I'm 37, married and have two kids, and yes... I sometimes celebrate with my mascot.

(I think some of you guys need a better sense of humour).
I am with you Rudy. I want gameplay to be fairly realistic with a nice balance of run/pass and offense/defense. But celebrating with the mascot doesn't bother me at all....and I do partake every now and then.

I wouldn't say that I want an arcade game, but I am not hardcore sim either. If they made the dream game for some guys on OS, I am sure it wouldn't be for me. I don't have 3+ hours to play through one game of video game football.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #30
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I'd rather have it taken out, and have a team celebration with a few nearby players on a score. This way all teams have a good celebration after a TD. Most teams don't have a mascot in the game. honestly i don't use it with teams that do.
This. If it's left in though I think a penalty would add to the realism. However I think it would be good if say you just quickly celebrate with the mascot the refs let it go (things like high-fiving them or a quick chest bump). But take it too far and start doing the electric slide with them, then 15 yards. I'd like to see more user control over the aggressiveness or mildness of celebrations.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 09-01-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I don't have 3+ hours to play through one game of video game football.
And how exactly would it last 3+ hours in sim mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #32
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

My only problem with celebrating with the mascot is that they have like 3 different celebrations and thats it. When I first played I thought hey this is cool but after about 2 touchdowns it was boring. I would either like to see them take it out completely or make it a high risk penalty. I like the idea of high risk and low risk celebrations. Low risk to use when the game is a blowout and the touchdown is meaningless and high risk to use on a last second hail mary.

The low risk could be just a high five and the high risk could range from being rushed by teammates to jumping in the stands. I would also like to see teammates picking up the quarterback after a game winning td pass. That is what could really bring me back to this series is the atmosphere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »