Home

NCAA (the game) 2004 switching conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA (the game) 2004 switching conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2003, 06:05 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA (the game) 2004 switching conferences

Quote:

So. Miss., remember, your in a mid-major conference, YOU BETTER RUN THE DAMN TABLE.

I know.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

This feature sounds pretty cool and should add to the dynasty modes depth. Does anyone know if there are more options to offer incoming recruits just wondering
Old 05-31-2003, 12:49 AM   #19
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the one thing left though, and I haven't heard if they have fixed this though, but one thing left to do to complete the depth of the game, is to have your conference scheduling rotate. Or whats wrong with letting you, the user, choose which week to play which team and where, but saying you must have half road & half home games. Or have the computer tell you who & where you MUST play but let you choose the order of the conference games.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:46 PM   #20
Rookie

HBShaggy's Arena

What if a coference was to add teams and once they got enough they would split up into divisions and implement a coference championship game...
Old 05-31-2003, 08:10 PM   #21
Rookie

bags03's Arena

Ya I hope thats the case or else its pretty worthless. They should also only allow (in the game) a max of 12 teams per conference, 6 in each division. But something tells me they will leave out the separation of divisions and championship games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2003, 08:22 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

What I really, really, really want is to realign the SEC. I want to put Vandy in the West & put Auburn in the East. Nashville is further west than Auburn. I want to play their traditional schedule w/ Tennessee, Florida, GA as well as Ala...
I do think it is possible to have Vandy knocked out of the SEC & bring someone like So Miss into the West, putting Aub into the East. .....Overall I think that it is good to have this feature...it'll be very realistic since it looks like major shifts in conferences will be happening in the next few yrs...that is if it isn't over done.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:43 PM   #23
Rookie

HBShaggy's Arena

Yeah, me and a couple of friends here in A-town make fun of how level the west is. everybody claims that the east is better but auburn continues to beat or rarely get beaten by east teams. if we got to play those teams more often, how fun would the east be, while the west wil just be a side show of laughs l
Old 06-01-2003, 12:16 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 7

This may sound dumb, but part of the conference switching feature is already in 2003. At the start of your dynasty you can substitute in 1-AA teams for 1A teams. So theoretically, you can redo any conference you want. For instance, in one of my many UNC dynasties, I completely changed the ACC by taking Miami, Georgia, and Ohio State out of their respective conferences and replaced them with 1AA teams. Then I moved Miami, Georgia, and Ohio State into the ACC from the 1AA pool and took out Duke, Wake, and Georgia Tech. Granted, you can't add new teams without removing teams, it's still pretty cool to see a much imporved ACC. Sadly, this threw everything off line in the Big East, which was in uproar without it's perennial champion Miami, replaced with a 1AA team. It's still a cool feature to play with though, you can make your own "super" conferences, but at the seem time it destroys other conferences. Seems familiar doesn't it? Hopefully for 2004, this feature will be expanded so that you can just add teams to conferences without having to replace a team. What would be really cool is if they let you get a conference to 12 teams, then have the option of making a conference championship game. What good will it be if we can move Miami, BC, and Syracuse to the ACC but then there is still no option for a championship game or divisions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »