Home

Scrambling quarterbacks ?

This is a discussion on Scrambling quarterbacks ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7
Scrambling quarterbacks ?

Is their a way to make scrambling qb's run?
It seems that all qb's are pocket passers this year.
I'm refering to the cpu.
If i'm playing against a Colt McCoy, or a Juice Williams it would be nice to have the threat of them taking of on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Scrambling quarterbacks ?

nope. the cpu doesnt spend much time at all throwing. the cpu tends to throw pretty quickly off the snap. come to think of it, I have probably seen the cpu scramble once in over 60 games. hmmm...
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I have NCAA 10 on the PS3 and keep going back to NCAA 07 and 08 on the PS2. I just finished playing against Oklahoma State in 08 and was quite exciting (I was UCLA).

Zac Robinson rushed for 63 yards on 8 attempts and threw for 233 yards on 29 attempts. I lost 31-10, but it felt nice for a change because I truly had to use formation subs in order to contain him, especially in obvious passing situations. It was a great game nonetheless.

Bottom line is that every QB in NCAA 10 has the same identity. Juice Williams stands in the pocket like he's Jevan Sneed and it just doesn't feel right.

NCAA 11 seriously needs to add things from last gen such as medical redshirts, suspensions, summer drills (PS2 has like 20 pre-season drills) real scrambling QBs, etc. People's patience is running thin.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
I have NCAA 10 on the PS3 and keep going back to NCAA 07 and 08 on the PS2. I just finished playing against Oklahoma State in 08 and was quite exciting (I was UCLA).

Zac Robinson rushed for 63 yards on 8 attempts and threw for 233 yards on 29 attempts. I lost 31-10, but it felt nice for a change because I truly had to use formation subs in order to contain him, especially in obvious passing situations. It was a great game nonetheless.

Bottom line is that every QB in NCAA 10 has the same identity. Juice Williams stands in the pocket like he's Jevan Sneed and it just doesn't feel right.

NCAA 11 seriously needs to add things from last gen such as medical redshirts, suspensions, summer drills (PS2 has like 20 pre-season drills) real scrambling QBs, etc. People's patience is running thin.
For sure. Good post.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13

I support.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

All QB's take off on me if no one is open and there is room to run. It is all QB's so I guess all of them are the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »