Home

Player Fatigue...Got some ideas and questions.

This is a discussion on Player Fatigue...Got some ideas and questions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Player Fatigue...Got some ideas and questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
no, because formation subs weren't in last year either, or '08, or '07 on the 360/PS3 generation of the game.
Lol, that is so true.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Banned

codes's Arena

OVR: 2

Fatigue seemed to work last year right? I don't see why EA just didn't leave it alone. If they did, would it have worked this year? Probably. But then they wouldn't have been able to put their gimmicks in to attract the 6th graders out there to play the game.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem in fatigue is not that, its that I think they introduced "progressive fatigue" this year

and the problem is that a player starting the game has 100% stamina and when it finishes he has like 78% or something.. thats why the autosub feature does not work .. most players in the 4th quarter are less than 85% and is you have autosub set at 90% for example the player wont reach that level again

thats why they screwed it up

They have to include an option when we can decide how to sub.. after 3 plays after 1 offensive/defensive series etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
I know this topic is getting old. But do you all think that the lack of fatigue
has any thing to do with........formation subs being removed this year.
And also I had a few too many players wanting to transfer. Probably due to
not enough playing time. I might stick in a rule that if I am up BIG than my
backups will get some 4th quarter playing time. Also can we do some roster
editing to lower the player's fatigue so they can get in the yellow then red much
more frequent
I think I have worked on fatigue more than anything else in the game. As far as editing - I tried that, and they do sub, but it is only good for a season or two because of the incoming freshman. So....I wasn't going to do all of that just for that short amount of time.

What I have found that works is set your RB's, WR, DL, LB at a 100/94 or so ratio. It is working good so far as my sub is getting about 8 carries a game or so. Also, have some seen subs on the DL and LB's -- if the other team has a good drive. One more thing is to sub your DL yourself. (i.e. bring in a pass rusher for passing situations).

Hope this helps some.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
I think I have worked on fatigue more than anything else in the game. As far as editing - I tried that, and they do sub, but it is only good for a season or two because of the incoming freshman. So....I wasn't going to do all of that just for that short amount of time.

What I have found that works is set your RB's, WR, DL, LB at a 100/94 or so ratio. It is working good so far as my sub is getting about 8 carries a game or so. Also, have some seen subs on the DL and LB's -- if the other team has a good drive. One more thing is to sub your DL yourself. (i.e. bring in a pass rusher for passing situations).

Hope this helps some.
They you so much for your suggestion. I will defiantly try the 100/94 ratio. i just want my players to have a fair amount of playing time. Your awesome!!

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower

Hope this helps some.
There problem with this is that with the settings your players will never be able to come back in over time, because after a while, they will never be over 90 % in fatigue. And since the "sub in" is over 90, the cpu interprets that they cannot get back in because they dont meet the criteria...
Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I just left the sub in/out sliders on default. I'll see my HB and WR's sub out. Since, the cpu doesn't seem to be affected by auto-subs, I don't wanna put myself at a "forced" disadvantage.

My subs mirror that of the cpu.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
The problem in fatigue is not that, its that I think they introduced "progressive fatigue" this year

and the problem is that a player starting the game has 100% stamina and when it finishes he has like 78% or something.. thats why the autosub feature does not work .. most players in the 4th quarter are less than 85% and is you have autosub set at 90% for example the player wont reach that level again

thats why they screwed it up

They have to include an option when we can decide how to sub.. after 3 plays after 1 offensive/defensive series etc
this has been speculated but why hasnt anyone from ea confirmed it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »