Home

CPU Clock Management

This is a discussion on CPU Clock Management within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ depending on the season.
CPU Clock Management

I love "playing" CPU vs. CPU, and I would be very happy if the following were implemented in the next patch. (There is going to be another for this game, right?)

1. Either an option to turn on "chew clock" for an entire game, or simply an option for the AI to take more time before snapping the ball. I think this should be optional because I can see the disadvantages to having the CPU sit at the line of scrimmage when one is playing a game with only 5 minute quarters. For those who would like the realism of playing 15 minute quarters.

2. Fix the play clock glitch where the clock resets to 25 seconds when the play screen comes up (or when the CPU breaks huddle in CPU vs. CPU).

Overall, I think this is a good (not great, but good) game that plays quite realistically. I would really appreciate the ability to play full length games with believable stats, however.

Slightly off topics, things that stop this game from being great, in my opinion, are:
- PRESENTATION. This is lacking in many ways. We need crowd sounds/better commentary/pre-game shows/etc/etc.
- The things mentioned above.
- Some momentum for the players would be nice.
- Some better AI playcalling, especially when winning big (i.e. they run up the score too much)
- The renovated Rutgers Stadium . Lol I know this isn't high on the priority list but being a Rutgers student it would greatly please me.

All-in-all I appreciate the work the developers put into the game and also the time they take looking at the forums.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: CPU Clock Management

um I don't think there is going to be a third. We haven't heard anything from EA since patch 2, so that's not really a good sign for another patch.
Knowing EA, they've finished with 10 and will be moving on to start up on NCAA 11 development in the coming months.

PS you can't patch in stadium updates. that's something you'll have to wait for next year. momentum would be highly unlikely as it would be hard to patch that kind of thing into the game. patches dont add things to games per se, they just fix bugs/glitches and adjust certain gameplay elements.

sorry but thats how the cookie crumbles.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 09-12-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ depending on the season.

Oh ok. I had only gotten the game recently so I wasn't sure if there had been one patch or two so far.

Also, the only things I was suggesting for a patch were the play clock issues. The other stuff was off topic and more meant for next year. I know you can't patch big things like that.

Sorry if I was unclear.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90

sorry but thats how the cookie crumbles.
Lol, someone just watched Bruce Almighty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »