Home

Players Leaving Early for Draft...

This is a discussion on Players Leaving Early for Draft... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Players Leaving Early for Draft...

why do players leave early for draft but they do not make the draft in Madden?

I had three guys leave early for the draft - 93 ovr, 85 ovr and 82 ovr. uploaded the draft class to Madden and none of the guys were on the list to be scouted.

is this an NCAA issue? or a Madden issue?

if it's NCAA how can it be fixed?

I understand that not all of the guys that declare early will get drafted in real life... but just wondering if this is a glitch or is there a certain player rating that qualifies a player for the draft?

thanks,

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Players Leaving Early for Draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
why do players leave early for draft but they do not make the draft in Madden?

I had three guys leave early for the draft - 93 ovr, 85 ovr and 82 ovr. uploaded the draft class to Madden and none of the guys were on the list to be scouted.

is this an NCAA issue? or a Madden issue?

if it's NCAA how can it be fixed?

I understand that not all of the guys that declare early will get drafted in real life... but just wondering if this is a glitch or is there a certain player rating that qualifies a player for the draft?

thanks,
There is nothing you can do I believe. Its been like this since last gen. I remember in NCAA 07 (PS2) I had a 77 OVR WR who caught 80 passes for 1,200 yards and 10 TD's and he decided to go pro. In all honesty, I think its tied into production. I noticed tons of guys who had average years that stay for their senior years. Also, a dev stated on another thread (dont remember which one) that players will opt to go pro if they win multiple awards, are All-Americans, etc.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Also, a dev stated on another thread (dont remember which one) that players will opt to go pro if they win multiple awards, are All-Americans, etc.
i don't mind them going pro. if they declare for the draft, they should be in madden... especially if you're a 93 ovr. i can understand an 80 something not making it...

Old 09-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

It's an NCAA thing, too many players are rated in the 90s. Bench players from power schools are more than likely rated higher than your guys.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Yup this made me mad last year because UGA had a real fast WR named Goodman and he was a beast for me and he said he was going but I could never get him for the Falcons. This needs to be fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »