Home

WARNING re: draft classes, WTF EA!!!

This is a discussion on WARNING re: draft classes, WTF EA!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WARNING re: draft classes, WTF EA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I can't imagine it's saved to the cache, but I don't know. Not that it helps you now, but I always keep a save after every season. I mainly do it so I can go back and look any time I want, but it would also help for situations like yours. I strongly suggest that you do the same from now on.

IE. I have the following dynasty save files from NCAA '09 (I'm not that far into NCAA '10 yet).
UofM2009
UofM2010
UofM2017

UofM2017 is my "current" dynasty file where I'm midway through the season. All other dynasty files were last saved after the last bowl game (but before starting the offseason stuff).

I have neve thought of doing this. I would like to go back and look at my previous teams. I have been simply overwriting with the newest save.

Question though, if u save all these files separate doesnt that take up a lot of hard drive space? I got my PS3 wit only 40 GB. Dynasty files are pretty big.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm looking into this now. Draft classes are not an NCAA Football filetype, as it is used in a different game. I believe it is saved to some sort of shared directory on your hard drive.

They shouldn't be saved to the cache, though.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I've been doing this since NCAA '07 on 360. I like to be able to go back and look at old teams I've coached and the stats from those years.

as far as the Draft classes, not sure how it is saved, don't play Madden so I don't have any use for saving the draft classes. maybe it was the only way to do it so that Madden could access it?
I do this too (since NCAA 04)!! So cool to go back and look at previous seasons. I guess that is just the stat junkie/nerd in us.

I think I ran out of file names to use for NCAA 06, now that I think of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you Adam, I take back my comment regarding no one at EA caring. Glad to see you guys are looking into this for future reference, I tried it again last night and when I cleared the cache it cleaned out the draft classes I saved, I don't know where the correlation is, but IMO there has to be one somewhere.

Thanks again Adam, besides this issue, I have had the most fun I've had with NCAA Football in a long time (Original XBox long) with '10, which is why this bothered me so much, felt like I lost 2 quality seasons because I have to start over now.

I will march forward though, and hope the Madden team gets their patches out as soon as humanly possible, so I can begin my franchise and use the draft classes from NCAA.

To everyone who posted besides a certain idiot, thanks for your input, it has all been greatly appreciated.

GC
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #13
Rookie

ttt for an update
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Isn't an NCAA Draft Class file considered to be a Madden NFL 10 file? Did you check there?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Yup TJ, nothing is listed under then NCAA or Madden save files, after further testing on a friends system the draft classes are linked to the cache, so if you have to format the cache, prepare to lose your DC's, I was just was wondering if Adam had verified this with the NCAA team or not as of now.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »