Home

Playbooks

This is a discussion on Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Playbooks

I have been playing NCAA forever, but I never really pay too much attention to the playbooks.

I was wondering if someone could explain how they are set up in the game.

I have played with a variety of teams, but for the most part, it seems they all have the same plays (With the exception of the wishbone...obviously that is pretty different). When you start a game, it looks like each team has their own playbook, and then there are about 5 generic playbooks.

Does each team really have their own playbook?....or are there just a few different plays here an there?

Or is it decided by formation?....like if one team has the "I" formation in thier playbook, will all the plays be identical to another team that also uses the "I"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Playbooks

each team has their "own" playbook. there not exactly unique or anything. most have formations that the team runs in real life. not all the plays from each formation are in every playbook though, you'll probably see a few plays in a formation here and there that are in some playbooks but not in others that have that exact same formation. but for the most part the playbooks are just a grouping of different formations in the game.

there are a few plays that are unique to only a few teams. for example, the "Y Stick" play that is in a few shotgun formations is only in the Texas Tech and Houston playbooks.

there are a few playbook that are nearly, if not, 100% the same. that is mainly because those teams run the same/similar offenses.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »