Home

Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratings?

This is a discussion on Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratin

A lot of the lower star guys have more speed, and are actually better. Multiple times I've found a 2* o-linemen with b- in all of the blocking attributes, or a 2* QB with B- speed and B- Accuracy. I'm not sure if you're just looking at the 4 & 5*'s which is why you might be seeing weird things, though non of the 4 or 5*'s I've seen have this.
Lets look at the #1 fastest guy in my recruiting class, 4* CB with a 4.34 40time, he has A Speed and B+ agility, and apparently it doesn't say anything about acceleration. Now lets look at a QB, 2* QB ran a 4.54 B speed and C+ agility, which is fine.
So yeah, I was looking through a few guys and I noticed a couple guys but for the most part everything is right.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Why do the generated recruits have such low speed, acceleration and agility ratin

Somebody else brought up the other problem I have with this is that for whatever reason they didn't make the acceleration visible for all the positions. Why in the world would you not have the acceleration listed for the wide receivers for example? Very dumb design choice.

^^^B speed and C+ for the fastest qb is still to low though IMO. Take for instance Denard Robinson of Michigan and Prior for OSU, probably the two fastest qb's out the last two classes. Don't you think their speed and agility ratings would be higher than a B and C+ if they were put in the game as recruits?

And to answer your other question, I don't just look for 4 and 5 star recruits. I will gladly take a lower star recruit instead if his individual attributes look better than the higher star players.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 10-05-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i love this. they actually made it worth it to keep players and develop them by everyone coming in lower and having to build up a few years to get on the field. now guys wont be able to just cut and cut and cut guys year after year without honoring the scholly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i love this. they actually made it worth it to keep players and develop them by everyone coming in lower and having to build up a few years to get on the field. now guys wont be able to just cut and cut and cut guys year after year without honoring the scholly.
I like it too.

also, I'm pretty sure they had to lower the ratings all-around to lower the overall ratings now that they changed the calculation of the overall rating to include more of the ratings(like zone, man, all the specific block ratings, basically all the new ratings that have been added since the move to this gen.). if speed/accel/agility/etc.. was high like '09, there would be a lot of recruits at 99 overall as true freshman.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I like it too.

also, I'm pretty sure they had to lower the ratings all-around to lower the overall ratings now that they changed the calculation of the overall rating to include more of the ratings(like zone, man, all the specific block ratings, basically all the new ratings that have been added since the move to this gen.). if speed/accel/agility/etc.. was high like '09, there would be a lot of recruits at 99 overall as true freshman.

I'm with you guys. It makes skill factor into the equation more heavily. Now, if they'd only make size/strength match up on recruits like not having the 194 lbs DE as strong a one that weighs 297. How do they do that?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I'm with you guys. It makes skill factor into the equation more heavily. Now, if they'd only make size/strength match up on recruits like not having the 194 lbs DE as strong a one that weighs 297. How do they do that?
The speed thing is whatever. It's more like real life. In real life it's about skill and speed not just speed and not every player who is considered to be fast is Usaine Bolt.

What I quoted before is my main concern. They need to make players Str rating match body build. A 6'3 WR who is 220 with D to D- str is soo wack. I hate it.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

well i think the main problem he is bringing up about recruits is that there is no way someone is in the 90s speed and in the 70s for acceleration. What are they saying he is fast but it takes the entire field for him to get up to speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateninja21
well i think the main problem he is bringing up about recruits is that there is no way someone is in the 90s speed and in the 70s for acceleration. What are they saying he is fast but it takes the entire field for him to get up to speed?

Thank you, that is exactly what my main problem with this is. Acceleration and agility should at least be in the same ballpark as a player's speed , there should not be a huge gap between the two like I have seen in some cases.

What good does it do to recruit a guy with great to good speed if his acceleration is really low? That makes the guy worthless.

And people are ignoring the other problem I have with this, which is acceleration if I am not mistaken is only listed for rb recruits. How do I know a wr I recruit with A or A- speed for instance isn't going to turn out to have terrible acceleration making him worthless. I have had that happen a couple of different times. I should be able to see the acceleration listed for all the recruit positions so I can avoid that.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 10-07-2009 at 12:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »