Home

They need to get rid of the gameplanning

This is a discussion on They need to get rid of the gameplanning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: They need to get rid of the gameplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wanna make sure I clarify my last post. I do at times when using the strip ball gameplan setting, see facemask penalties or strip the ball from the runner, but no where close to the rate at which you were stating it happens.

If I had to guess, I've never really thought about in terms of ratio, but if I had to guess I'd say out of every 10 plays I call this gameplan, I may either strip the ball or get a facemask, twice. And that may be generous.
The problem is that there is no risk and the whole thing is done wrong. If you set to aggressive strip you should miss a whole lot more tackles. If your RB has great fumb rating then it shouldn't effect him anyway. And at that, if you use RB to protect the ball it shouldn't matter. If someone leaves the Big Play on normal they will have around 5 fumbles a game. You can bet your bleep they ain't gonna have 5 facemasks during the game. No risk all reward.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Everything isn't dependent on playing the CPU. Try playing someone online that uses run commit and aggressive strip every play. There is no risk on having strips set to aggressive. They will get enough fumbles over the course of the game to negate all of the facemasks. You then have to turn on the function to protect ball which then limits the RB's ability to effectively run the ball. If if you hit RB to protect the ball when you have runner big play on normal it doesn't work.

This feature is HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Against the CPU it doesn't matter, but have a little respect for us guys that play online a lot. We want competition and the CPU doesn't provide it. This feature doesn't provide fun competition because it is implemented horribly.

I didn't realize that I was disrespecting the online player for simply stating my opinion/experience and asking a question.

And maybe it doesn't work in online games or is cheese online, I wouldn't know as I don't play online. But the discussion wasn't noted as being about online only, so I provided my opinion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
It absolutely does negate player ratings. Not like they are important anyway, but run commit takes player ratings completely out of the picture.

You can call 326 Cover 2 man dime every play of he game using run commit middle. 6 DB's on the field and it may be the best defense on the game. Flexbone, Wishbone, I Tight, Power I, should all destroy this defense. However, 326 run commit stops the middle run, outside runs, and pass.

So tell me how run commit doesn't affect player ratings.
How am I supposed to tell you how run committ doesn't affect player ratings when you just stated that ratings aren't important anyways?

You just said ratings aren't important and at the same time said that run committ negates player ratings.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 31

I thought this feature worked well. I was really impressed by it.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #37
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
It absolutely does negate player ratings. Not like they are important anyway, but run commit takes player ratings completely out of the picture.

You can call 326 Cover 2 man dime every play of he game using run commit middle. 6 DB's on the field and it may be the best defense on the game. Flexbone, Wishbone, I Tight, Power I, should all destroy this defense. However, 326 run commit stops the middle run, outside runs, and pass.

So tell me how run commit doesn't affect player ratings.
So throw the ball. If they're over-commiting the run, it doesn't matter what kind of defense they're playing they'll stop the run. In real life. I could run that D and tell my players to sell out for the run, and they'd kill it. But they'd be leaving the pass wide open. Same thing in this game. They're commiting to the run, go playaction and make him pay.

I can understand the gripes against gameplanning, as it may be overdone, and the effects don't always make sense. It's a good concept though. But defensive keys are pretty important to the chess match of football.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #38
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've got no problems with the gameplanning. In fact, its become something that I rely on, especially on defense. In obvious passing downs, I love being able to instruct my D-line to pin their ears back and go after the QB, or to tell my secondary to play soft zone and not get beat deep.

Don't really use it offensively though.
I agree with you. Just like you I only use it on D. I think they just need to tune it down a little but most certainly keep it in there.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

i think gameplanning is one of the best additions. i keep strip ball on normal because the facemasks are crazy but that is one bad thing about having it on.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
So throw the ball. If they're over-commiting the run, it doesn't matter what kind of defense they're playing they'll stop the run. In real life. I could run that D and tell my players to sell out for the run, and they'd kill it. But they'd be leaving the pass wide open. Same thing in this game. They're commiting to the run, go playaction and make him pay.

I can understand the gripes against gameplanning, as it may be overdone, and the effects don't always make sense. It's a good concept though. But defensive keys are pretty important to the chess match of football.
PA doesn't work. If someone is manually blitzing a LB off the edge or playing as a DE PA is a sack. The speed boost you get off of run commit puts that manually blitz there quick.

I enjoy playing against these people because I know how to pass. However, who ever came up with this feature should be fired because it is really programmed poorly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »