Home

They need to get rid of the gameplanning

This is a discussion on They need to get rid of the gameplanning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #41
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: They need to get rid of the gameplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
PA doesn't work. If someone is manually blitzing a LB off the edge or playing as a DE PA is a sack. The speed boost you get off of run commit puts that manually blitz there quick.

I enjoy playing against these people because I know how to pass. However, who ever came up with this feature should be fired because it is really programmed poorly.
I's not so much that it's programmed poorly, it's that people use it badly. If they're run commiting, it should stop the run, and after that they should back off. It was designed to be used sparingly, and it's very high risk/high reward. People online often don't get this though, and use it every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I's not so much that it's programmed poorly, it's that people use it badly. If they're run commiting, it should stop the run, and after that they should back off. It was designed to be used sparingly, and it's very high risk/high reward. People online often don't get this though, and use it every play.
No one complained about the feature last year. It was in the game and you selected after the ball was snapped. If you guessed selected wrong you were screwed. It should still be the same. The players would break on the ball, but not warp to it.

It is also very very arcadish. What college game have you ever seen a defense warp to the ball like this game? If you are in 326 or quarters defense there isn't even a risk to run committing every play. If anything it should just give more awareness to the run.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #43
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, gameplanning affects the game way too much. When I needed a turnover to win the game I decided to turn the Strip Ball on. I got 3 straight facemask penalties. When I turn Holding on aggressive, about 30% of your plays are called back. And the Swat thing is pretty stupid. I know it means to go for the swat but when the ball is floating up in the air with no receiver in sight and my defender with my free pick, he just bats it down. At least intercept it when you know the receiver can't get it.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 20

This is easily my favorite feature of the game.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #45
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Not sure I understand the criticism, I've just recently started playing this game and I love this feature. Main reason being it makes the game more in depth. Don't real coaches have to gameplan for their opponents? I've always struggled with defense in football games, this helps me. I also don't use the same gameplan for every opponent. I'll have a different gameplan vs GT and their option offense than I will FSU and their spread offense.

I don't see a lot of penalties when I gameplan aggressively, I use impact blocking on offense and I don't see an excessive amount of holding penalties either.

It's like anything, if you fall in love with it you'll get burnt it on occassion but if you play conservatively you'll never get burnt but you won't make any big plays either. So I like to switch it up. It seems to work for me, I've had some really good games.

As far as the run commit, don't teams in football sell out for the run and shift their line on occasion? It's not like teams don't disquise their defenses.

I just don't understand why people hate this feature so much, it's a nice touch imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Going into NCAA 10 i thought it was a pointless idea, then after playing the game i thought it was a terrible idea. I typically don't play online so it was never a problem because i just kept everything on normal but i played online the other day against someone i know and it was ridiculous. It was obvious we both had strip ball on aggressive because there was like 8 fumbles in the game, plus i got 4 facemask penalties. I stopped him inside his own 10, he goes for a fake punt and i stop it at the 5, get a facemask penalty (luckly he threw a pick 6 the next play).

Later on, i hit his QB coming off the edge with my DE, he fumbles, his OL recovers it, i strip the ball, i recover and start running, i fumble, he recovers. 3 fumbles on 1 play, he gets the ball back 1st and 10.

Its just really stupid how much those gameplan things affect the game where it be via turnover or penalties.

They need to just get rid of it because it was a dumb idea. If they want, try a NBA 2k approach when you call timeouts and pick an area to emphasize during the timeout.
That's not necessarily just from aggressive that's also from the fact that online games against another user uses default sliders, if ranked game it's also played on AA.

If you have strip ball on aggressive you will incur more facemask penalties, that was what it says when you go to choose it.

NCAA did have the emphasize an area facet on timeouts before but it didn't work right.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

[quote=Braves Fan;2040417987]
As far as the run commit, don't teams in football sell out for the run and shift their line on occasion? It's not like teams don't disquise their defenses.
quote]

I realize you aren't joking here, but wish you were. Are you serious? EVERYONE on the defense goes forward, everyone. Now, it is risk/reward, but dude, c'mon. You can get burned if you run commit, but if everyone on the D came forward in real life, DB's would be totally burned, pass coverage would be effed, and it would be too easy to score. It's risky now, but many times guys recover. Gameplanning is somewhat indiciative of real football in regards to coaching and such. Run commit is not. There is no such thing as everyone on the defense coming forward and then getting back almost no problem.

People don't understand this concept. They put defensive hot routes on there. You can crash your line any direction you want. You can make your lb's all blitz with a simple linebacker audible. This stuff is all in the game, run commit is not needed. It takes away skill from the game, and i'm just not a fan.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

The anti-gameplanning crowd cracks me up too. Is there problems with current gameplan? Yes. Should it be fixed and kept in next years game? Yes. I have played over 100 online games, and find it kind of cool that I see so many different types of defenses because of peoples different gameplanning strategies. I think it's very clever.

I've seen probably 9953882 posts on here about this subject starting out with "well, I was down by 7 points in blah blah game, so I turned strip ball on and got 8 facemask penalties!". Of course you did, that's the risk. Is it stupid? Yeah. But did you figure out its stupidness in the first week of having the game, and then still decide to use it late in the game knowing it could cost you. Yep, you did. Anyone that has played this game a bit knows most fumbles comes from big hits, not strips. I never turn strip ball on, even if i'm down late in the game. If you don't want that crap to happen, don't turn it on, it's that simple. Use the strip ball button yourself to create fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »