Home

Question - will the score banner burn in on Plasma TVs?

This is a discussion on Question - will the score banner burn in on Plasma TVs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Question - will the score banner burn in on Plasma TVs?

I have a friend who just bought the game and he says he will only play a half and then watch TV because he's worried about burn-in on his plasma in regards to the score banner always being in the same spot.

Does anyone know if that is true? Is there anything he should do? Is he being overly paranoid??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Question - will the score banner burn in on Plasma TVs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have a friend who just bought the game and he says he will only play a half and then watch TV because he's worried about burn-in on his plasma in regards to the score banner always being in the same spot.

Does anyone know if that is true? Is there anything he should do? Is he being overly paranoid??
Burn-in can happen if you leave it on for an extended period of time. However, I doubt by playing this game it will happen since after each play, the banner disappears for the play calling menu, the replay, etc.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

i would imagine that someone had brought this question up before and EA weighed in on it...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had my plasma for 3 years now. Been playing sports games on PS3 and 360 for all 3 of those years. No burn in what so ever. My tv did come equipped with some screen burn in protection like pixel shift, white out, etc. I have pixel shift on and will occasionally run the white out. All in all I would't worry about burn in unless you're going to leave it on pause on the menu screen for a couple hours.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

ok, thanks ucas005 - i will let jason know about this. he said he emailed ea sports about it but no reply yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

ODogg, with the newest technology out there as far as plasma, you have to really do something almost intentionally wrong to get an image to permanently stay there. Most units now have some form of anti-image retention running from the moment the set is turned on. I know this is the case with my panasonic. LG is the same way I believe. Not sure on Samsung. My Panasonic set, if an image has stayed the same for 5 minutes will automatically start the orbiter feature (pixel shift) and move the actual image by multiple pixels at a certain time interval. Cool feature. I have left a game or show on pause for 10-15 minutes, forgotten about it, and come back with no problems. Should be just fine.

Mike
Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Raddy's Arena

OVR: 1

Also, CRT televisions are also susceptible to burn-in and as far as I know, the score banner has never caused a problem on those.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy
Also, CRT televisions are also susceptible to burn-in and as far as I know, the score banner has never caused a problem on those.
That's great points guys. My friend isn't very knowledgeable on this stuff and I think he's just being a bit paranoid. I'll ask him to tell me what kind of TV he has and see if he has any of the features you guys described and tell him what you guys said on here.

I hate to see him turning the game to pause at halftime and watching tv for 20 minutes because he's afraid the ticker being on for an hour straight is going to burn in. It's a real hassle I would imagine having to play like that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »