Home

NCAA Football 09

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 09

I just picked up a used 360 copy yesterday.

A few quick questions. What is the roster limit and what are some tips on recruiting? I'm used to NCAA 03 on ps2 and the recruiting system is completely different. And I guess you can't create yourself as a coach and try to build up your prestige to get better jobs? For example on 04 I started off as the coach of Houston and then then eventually got offered the Notre Dame job.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
I just picked up a used 360 copy yesterday.

A few quick questions. What is the roster limit and what are some tips on recruiting? I'm used to NCAA 03 on ps2 and the recruiting system is completely different. And I guess you can't create yourself as a coach and try to build up your prestige to get better jobs? For example on 04 I started off as the coach of Houston and then then eventually got offered the Notre Dame job.
Once you start your dynasty you can go and edit any coach's name, including yourself. Then you can move around, take offers, etc. just like the PS2 version.

Recruiting is a lot more in depth on the PS3. Use the quick call method the first one or two weeks as it unlocks the player's interest pretty quick. Each player has a "Most" and two "Very High" interests. Find those and pitch them hard. It also helps to sway a recruit's interest in your area of strength if they don't like it. Example, if Location is Elite and he's not that interested, definitely try to sway it.

Also, you have to rank the kids you want the most very high. This is particularly true for 5* and 4* kids. If you want a 5* kid you better have him in your Top 5 if not Top 3. Of course the bigger schools make this easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »