Home

Ultimate 1 Year Dynasty Solution

This is a discussion on Ultimate 1 Year Dynasty Solution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Ultimate 1 Year Dynasty Solution

So i just finished my first season as a commish with 5 of my friends and we had a great time but some people wanted to change teams and what not. We moved rather slow, advancing once per week and we all felt that we would like to have the dynasty setup in the best possible way for just one season. Sort of the ultimate tournament with the posibility for user vs user championships.

This thread is for you if you're in the same situation and you are wondering a great way to set up the conferences, divisions, and out of conferences games for a 1 season bash.

Our Setup:

8 total players (added two).
4 players in the SEC, 4 in the ACC. We used seeding from the first season to place the users. You can place them anyway you want though.

SEC East - 2 players
SEC West - 2 players

ACC Atlantic - 2 Players
ACC Atlantic - 2 Players

Now you might be wondering... how the heck do you all play each other. Well, if you replace the right teams when creating the custom conferences you can do just that. I did about 4 hours of research on scheduling and found the perfect 8 teams to replace so that everyone plays each other either in the 4 out of conference games, divisional conference games, and cross divisional conference games. This is why it only works for 1 season though.

In this setup you will most likely have 2 user vs user conferences championships, maybe a user vs user national championship, and possible bowl user match ups. Everyone plays 7 user vs user games during the regular season with the possibility of up to 9 user vs user games.

So... here's how to do it.

SEC East:
Replace Tennessee & Kentucky

SEC West:
Replace Auburn & Alabama

ACC Atlantic:
Replace Boston College & NC State

ACC Coastal:
Replace VT & North Carolina

This was the only solution of teams i could find to replace so that the out of conference games work out together and the cross divisional conference games also work out. So again, everyone will play each other.

It get's tricky though... if someone is going to use a team that is already in one of the divisions you are going to use you are going to need to swap them out of the conference first and then swap them back in replacing one of the teams i mentioned above. If someone wants to use one of the replacement teams then just leave it where it is. If someone is using a teambuilder team then just replace one of the teams above when you upload the team.

Once you create the custom conferences and send the invites just go through the schedules and change them around so everyone plays each other. I promise it works, but you are going to have to move around and change some of the open dates for all of the teams for it to work. BUT IT DOES!!! IT'S SICK!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Ultimate 1 Year Dynasty Solution

Oh if anyone has questions just PM me.

BTW, yes i know i could have used non BCS conferencs and or BCS conferences without a championship game but i wanted the best possible way to do it. With the most potential for user championships.

Also if you seed it correctly you can give even your worst players something to play for. All they have to do is beat the CPU in their divisional conference games and beat the other user in their conference to make it to the conference championship. That was the main reason to do this, to give my bad players something to play for and a chance at a BCS bid no matter what happens against the better players in the out of conference games.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Ultimate 1 Year Dynasty Solution

I really cannot tell you how many hours it took me going through all of the possibilities... anyone looking to start a dynasty should take a look at this... i know it takes some of the fun away knowing you wont advance to another season but you can always start it over again.... or even start one offline, sim a season, and then start it again...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »