Home

Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

This is a discussion on Anybody ever have a Suh in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

my LE usually does great every year(near the top on Awards and usually 1st-2nd team All-American), whoever it may be. my first season in my OD, my LE Rajon Henley had 19 sacks, 1 Int, 68 tackles(28 TFL). he won the Bednarik Award. 83 overall rating.

the second season, my LE was Brian Duncan(a converted MLB), had 76 tackles(28 TFL) 14 sacks, 2 Ints, Fumble recovery, and 2 TDs. he was in the Heisman race for a few weeks during the season, but slowly fell off. he won the Bednarik and Lombardi Awards. 94 overall rating.

the third season, my LE got injured for the season, so he was never able to get the stats for the whole season, but he did get 64 tackles(26 TFL) 10 sacks, 1 Int in about 10 games. 79 overall rating.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

isn't there the issue with the LE over the RT in the game?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I actually have 2 Suh's for my Virginia Tech dynasty (2nd year), left defensive end Steven Friday who is took over Nekos' Brown vacant spot when he went in the draft and also a JUCO transfer, his last name is Jones (first name is escaping me at the moment). Jones is 6'7 295 lbs and was a 3 star prospect coming in, but he has been complete domination. You talk about a monster??? His arms legs everything is just ripped muscle and I gave him some cool looking uniform tweaks to make him look more intimidating. Jones has been stuffing the middle of the field the whole season and coming up with alot of pressure on the qb to force errant throws...matter of fact in the last 3 games COMBINED, I have allowed around 20-22 yards total rushing. I played Colorado state last night in my last game of the season, and held them to 1 yard total rushing (qb had -22, tail back had -2, and fullback had 25. Steven Friday broke the single season sack record last night with 25 as he go 2 sacks against Co. State to finish off the season. He has been a machine, I have run over tail backs trying to block me and I have even had to be double teamed, which has opened up lanes for Barquell Rivers to sneak through on a few sacks. Friday is currently #3 on the Heisman Voting list, so that should tell you how dominate he has been. 2 int's, 77 tackles (38 TFL), 2 FF, 1 FR...amazing stats. Jason Worilds is on the opposite end position, and needless to say, no one likes messing with him. My whole defensive front is lights out, and we definately play Foster ball. It wasn't like this last season, my defense was destroyed. But this season, we are sitting at #14 total defense in the country, up from #109 from last season.

My cornerbacks seem to be taking on an identity of being top notch, and Raq Carmichael has been praised before every game this season by the commentators, and he is not even an impact player. He makes huge hits and great pass break ups. It seems like I have been playing perfect defense this season...Josh Hosley who is my 3rd CB, has been mixed in with some of my blitz packages and I have rattled off 5 sacks on the season with him. He has caused alot of problems in the passing game, thats for sure. It just seems like I have an Iron Curtain of a defensive team and I love it! I am one of very few people who love this years college football, I enjoy the hell out of it!

Last edited by mm boost; 12-15-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
isn't there the issue with the LE over the RT in the game?
there is an issue with any D-lineman on any O-lineman. lol

when I'm on offense, it's the CPU RE that dominates. mainly because my LT just pivots and watches the RE charge in for the sack without even trying to block anything.

my LT gave up 28 sacks by himself in one season. 28 of the 33 total sacks allowed. and he was the highest rated OL I had.

I don't see the same issue when I'm on defense though. most my sacks are from blitzes that frees up my LE. and of course, the free sacks from screen plays. my RE hardly ever gets any sacks.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 12-15-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
It just seems like I have an Iron Curtain of a defensive team and I love it! I am one of very few people who love this years college football, I enjoy the hell out of it!
I also absolutely love this game. I cannot seem to get enough of it (school and work get in the way). Last year I used Vandy and was able to take them to the SEC Championship after a few seasons and to the NC several times. This season I chose to play in the Big 12, but could not find a team I wanted to build up. So I decided to create one via Teambuilder. I created the Tahlequah Cherokee (old Houston Oilers colors) replacing Baylor in the Big 12 South (I moved Baylor to Big 12 North and got rid of Iowa St.) It has been an absolute blast, first season I went 7-6 winning the Texas Bowl against Southern Miss. This season I am off to a wonderful 4-6 start with #11 Oklahoma and #1 Ohio State left on the schedule...aka not making a bowl game. I did however sign the #1 player in nation last season at QB (88 ovr), but I have no O-Line to block for him. This season I have been focusing on recruiting a solid line, but after reading your post I may turn my focus in recruiting to a solid defense. My defense this season is dismal at best. I cannot stop the pass, struggle with the run, and well the only way I win is winning the shootouts. Anybody have good tips in terms of recruiting defensive players?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwk2009
Yes... yes I did. Two different players, different times. A DT named Kevin Keyes that was a 91 ovr as a true freshman. He was sooo good, just dominated for 4 straight years. Also a DE named Luke Lester that dominated every tackle he faced. He only played his Jr. and Sr. years but he was the best DE I have ever had. Had 28 career sacks in 2 years, man was blood thirsty.
Sounds like the DE you found is Brandon Graham Jr. Hahah.

Graham is the exact same way in real life. Just dominates every tackle. You could've held him every play(which alot of teams did), and you still wouldnt have stopped him. Him and Suh were far and away the best defensive players this season. Graham didnt get as recognized since Michigan was not good, sadly.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I currently have a MLB who is a junior. Jared Stevens. 6'4" 242 pounds. Dude is a beast and he most definitely stands out. He was a 5 star recruit (#1 ranked player nationally). I got him late in the recruiting process after he decommitted from USC and came to Washington. He was a 90 overall as a true freshman.

Freshman year: 114 tackles, 18 TFL, 7 sacks, 5 INT, 3 FF, 2 FR, 1 TD.

Sophomore year: 99 tackles, 22 TFL, 9 sacks, 3 INT, 2 FF

Junior year (through six games): 72 tackles, 21 TFL, 8 sacks, 4 INT

Dude is a monster...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
there is an issue with any D-lineman on any O-lineman. lol

when I'm on offense, it's the CPU RE that dominates. mainly because my LT just pivots and watches the RE charge in for the sack without even trying to block anything.

my LT gave up 28 sacks by himself in one season. 28 of the 33 total sacks allowed. and he was the highest rated OL I had.

I don't see the same issue when I'm on defense though. most my sacks are from blitzes that frees up my LE. and of course, the free sacks from screen plays. my RE hardly ever gets any sacks.

Yes, this is highly annoying.

The CPU LT is Orlando Pace, no matter who he is.

Only way to get around this, is to take matters into your hands.

Yours? He's a swinging gate.

I have a 90 overall, junior LT and his side of the line gets caved in by the CPU, all of the time.

You can forget about having a dominant D-Line that can generate pressure with a 4 man rush, without having to resort to blitzing, like USC vs Notre Dame, in this game.

That just isnt going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »