Home

What does "+2" mean when recruiting?

This is a discussion on What does "+2" mean when recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

neal6923's Arena

OVR: 2
What does "+2" mean when recruiting?

You see it up by the players picture. What does it mean and how do you get it? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What does "+2" mean when recruiting?

It's actually a x2 and it gives you double points for your pitches that week. So if you are pitching something that normally gives you 14 it will give you 28. Very useful.

As for how you get them I am pretty sure it is random.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Along the same line, I've never found out what the unlocked padlock symbol means. Every once in a while a random recruit will have the aforementioned symbol in the same place as the X2 icon, but I don't know what it means.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Along the same line, I've never found out what the unlocked padlock symbol means. Every once in a while a random recruit will have the aforementioned symbol in the same place as the X2 icon, but I don't know what it means.
It means that certain attributes have been unlocked for you.
This is great because you have to spend less time finding out what your recruit likes and more time selling your school to them.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

good stuff, I had no idea what they meant either...in regards to recruiting...I have had no success recruiting against other teams...not sure why I don't get it, can someone give me a basic example of the best way to go about it?
12' 12-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart#28
good stuff, I had no idea what they meant either...in regards to recruiting...I have had no success recruiting against other teams...not sure why I don't get it, can someone give me a basic example of the best way to go about it?
It all depends on your team and what you are trying to do. If you are a smaller school then you will not pull in the 4 & 5 stars but maybe a few 3 star and 2's. Look at what the player is rated in key areas. You can find good lower rated players if you look. Try and make you campus visits durning big games, helps if you can win as well. Less is more with this game so limit the number of guys you target. I limit my board to 15-20 max. Pipeline states are hot beds for easy players or so I think. Own you state by getting all the best players from your state if you can.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
It all depends on your team and what you are trying to do. If you are a smaller school then you will not pull in the 4 & 5 stars but maybe a few 3 star and 2's. Look at what the player is rated in key areas. You can find good lower rated players if you look. Try and make you campus visits durning big games, helps if you can win as well. Less is more with this game so limit the number of guys you target. I limit my board to 15-20 max. Pipeline states are hot beds for easy players or so I think. Own you state by getting all the best players from your state if you can.
thanks...here is my question...so say a recruit has me 3 and another team 1...when i go to recruit against team 1 do i look at what is important to him and if my school has a c+ rating and something is avg interest to the recruit do i down play or hard sell?
12' 12-4

Last edited by stewart#28; 01-05-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart#28
thanks...here is my question...so say a recruit has me 3 and another team 1...when i go to recruit against team 1 do i look at what is important to him and if my school has a c+ rating and something is avg interest to the recruit do i down play or hard sell?
I only worry about me. I hard sell, and only worry about "most, very high, & sway any high". If you rating is in the C's and that is the best you have then hard sell that. I have had zero success with down playing. Best thing to do is spend time on him but don't make it your goal to sign him because you will miss out on a guy that will sign and you could use. Also look after a few weeks for guys that have zero offers. you may be able to sign one of those guys and get a good player. Some of my best players are the guys that get 1 offer and that is from me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »