Home

'Looping'?

This is a discussion on 'Looping'? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
'Looping'?

I've heard this many a time looking at blitz schemes and such. What exactly is 'looping' your defensive line. I know it's making the lineman go towards the gaps, but what button is it. I mean, there is no loop option on either of the analog sticks for defensive line. Was wondering if it was a crash, spread, what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 'Looping'?

Not sure if this is what your talking about but for me to get pressure with my line this is what I do. At the snap, controling a fast DE, I start up filed towards the tackle. As the tackle takes his drop a hole is created between the guard and tackle. I then cut towards the hole with my DE. The tackle has a hard time making a block and I can get to the QB. Sometime you can get a sack or pressure into a bad throw. This has worked on running plays for me as well on inside runs but if the back goes outside you are screwed. I just play the run on running downs and use this type of pass rush on passing downs.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Looping is taking advantage of an issue with the game where you control the DE and go around the outside of the OT without engaging him. Usually its the DE going around the RT.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPaw
I've heard this many a time looking at blitz schemes and such. What exactly is 'looping' your defensive line. I know it's making the lineman go towards the gaps, but what button is it. I mean, there is no loop option on either of the analog sticks for defensive line. Was wondering if it was a crash, spread, what.

"Looping the line" is the same as slanting them. So, "looping the line left" would be slanting them left, or "looping them out" would be slanting them outwards. If they don't specify a direction than I would assume they mean to slant them outwards, but I'm not sure. It's not running a DE out around the line, thats "Superman DE."
Old 02-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
"Looping the line" is the same as slanting them. So, "looping the line left" would be slanting them left, or "looping them out" would be slanting them outwards. If they don't specify a direction than I would assume they mean to slant them outwards, but I'm not sure. It's not running a DE out around the line, thats "Superman DE."
Manually controlling a DE and running him around the tackle is looping the DE, most sim dynasties ban the practice because the tackle, usually the RT tackle does not react like he should and its an easy play for the DE.

Where you are talking about slanting the linemen is crashing the line that can be done with line audibles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #6
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Manually controlling a DE and running him around the tackle is looping the DE, most sim dynasties ban the practice because the tackle, usually the RT tackle does not react like he should and its an easy play for the DE.

Where you are talking about slanting the linemen is crashing the line that can be done with line audibles.
Umm... no that's not right. Looping is when any lineman pulls to the left/right instead of running straight ahead. So, in this game it is essentially a synonym for crashing the line (which I know how to do so I'm not sure why you felt the need to explain it). Once again pulling a DE around the line (which I also know about, so again I don't know why you feel like you need to explain it), is not called "looping." Plus the term isn't even "looping the DE," its "looping the line."

Watch this video, Rhombic uses the term correctly at about 4:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5fYlkmrcqQ

Last edited by MachoFantastic; 02-14-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

bcduggan is right when people talk about looping in regards to this game that's what they're talking about
Old 02-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #8
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
bcduggan is right when people talk about looping in regards to this game that's what they're talking about
Why the hell do all of you think this? Looping is a real-life term that has nothing to do with cheesing. Looping irl is just when a lineman pulls to come through a gap that is not directly in front of him. Looping in the game just translates to slanting/crashing the line. Even the op says he heard the term when looking at blitzing schemes, and I doubt that very many cheesers take the time to do write ups on their cheese (especially considering the fact that Superman DE is just running the lineman around the line, no need for a write-up there). The video I posted discusses a blitzing scheme and uses the term correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »