Home

left tackles

This is a discussion on left tackles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3
left tackles

ok i have a left tackle who is rated 99 (go progression!) and he gave up 5 sacks in my last game against a supposedly inferior opponent. The Re simply ran around in 2 seconds attacking my quarterback like my LT was a statue. My question is why is this happening? is it poor game mechanics? Are there any ratings i should be looking for in my LT's that would prevent this? Is this the fault of my sliders and what would be the best change to correct this? btw i have only had this problem with some LT's in my dynasty and not others for some reason.

sliders
user pass block 40
comp pass rush 50

anyways he has
95 pass block
91 pass footwork
96 pass strength
68 speed

in my last game he went up against a rated 85 RE
73 speed
85 strength
83 power moves
66 finesse moves
85 block shedding
82 pursuit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: left tackles

I don't know how much the ratings work. I've seen punters hold up John Henderson for about 2 seconds and only get beaten with a bull rush.

Until Madden makes weight and strength matter, many of the ratings won't work how they should. And Madden will never look or play like the NFL.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

UofA, I have had the same issue before. I have had games where my stud tackles could not block a kid in a wheelchair. Then I have had games where they blow everyone up. Until EA fixes some issues that they have had for some time now then we will see these things.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

As far as PS2 goes, the O-Line and D-line ratings don't mean squat. My LT regularly gets tossed aside like a rag doll and my O-Line regularly gives up 40-50 sacks a season. Also, in using WKU in a dynasty, I got 20+ sacks with a 68 OVR LE
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 34

Yup. My 90+ rated left tackles always ended up leading my team in sacks allowed.

Meanwhile, if you user control a DE, the CPU LT always plays like Orlando Pace, but their RT is a drooling idiot.

The Line play on both sides of the ball, is flat ghastly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

it's probably jump the snap related. If the cpu jumps the snap, the D End's both magically turn into 99 speed, 99 rated players who can't be touched or outrun, and if they are within 10 yards of you when you try to throw, they'll hit you, and the worst animation in the history of the universe will go into effect, and the ball will flutter up in the air for the d to pick and run the other way. I can't say for sure, but I would assume jump the snap is involved, because it's incredibly annoying and stupid.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Line interaction is probably the thing that needs to be fixed the most in this game. It affects everything in the game. Your line finally mature, and have 90+ guys across the board? Who cares? Its the same as that year you had one stud a couple ok sophs or even true freshmen. Whatever. Doesnt seem to matter. Only time Ive really noticed a difference, is when Ive had O or D lines that comes around very rarely with all the guys 94-99 overall. The lines made up of all gods, yeah they kind of stand out. ALL the rest? Can barely tell that 99 overall stud LT from your so so 86 overall guy. Oh and he wont even dominate some 80 something guy.

I hope EA fixes this. That and use the lower end of the scale more. Dont worry about pissing off crappy players and teams with 50-60s ratings. The great will stand out more this way.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Rookie

vatechfan44's Arena

OVR: 6

Linemen mean squat in this game all you need is speed on both sides of the ball to win

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »