Home

NCAA Football 11 Info Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Info Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #49
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 11 Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Maybe the 120 ways to win has to do with each team having its own style?

That would be awesome.

@AdamdotH
Old 03-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 19

There should be a huge screen in the shrine listing each school. For a victory against each school, you should be given a check mark, and earn points based on the strength of that school’s team. When you defeat all schools in a conference and you should earn a trophy, and more points, based on the overall prestige of the conference. When you defeat all schools in all conferences and you should receive a platinum trophy.

This is what I wrote in my wishlist that appears in my blog. I sent Russ the link. It would be nice if he read it, even nicer if this is what 120 ways to win means.
More than likely, they must have tweaked the playbooks further to keep schools from seeming too generic in CPU AI gameplay.

I traded in NCAA Football 10 earlier and reserved NCAA Football 11 yesterday. Make it good, Tiburon.

Last edited by LucianoJJ; 03-05-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's funny you guys say that because I thought one thing that the PS2 version had that I loved was just what you describe. When I would play online the game kept track of who I played. When i'd go to EA's site it would show what teams I had played and beaten (or lost to). I remember making it a point to:

1. First play every single team at least once
then
2. Beat every team at least once
then
3. Use every team once.

I believe that was NCAA 2004 that had that. It was a silly thing but I remember it inspired me heartily to play against all the teams, teams I would never play against. I recall it taking me like 5 tries to beat USC and my friend was like "I wish you'd hurry up and beat me because I'm so tired of using USC...I HATE USC!" LOL.

So seriously, why not bring this back. It'd work especially well as Achievements. Simply make it like I said above and here are 6 achievements that the devs would have an easy time making and would inspire countless hours of play to achieve:

1. Get an achievement for playing as every team in the game offline
2. Get an achievement for playing against every team in the game offline
3. Get an achievement for beating every team in the game offline
4. Get an achievement for playing as every team in the game online
5. Get an achievement for playing against every team in the game online
6. Get an achievement for beating every team in the game online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 28

Awesome, awesome stuff....Looks like EA is taking NCAA to the next level.

I hope that they can fix the pride stickers not being visible during gameplay (only show up when zoomed). Also, I hope that they have classic teams and uniforms this year....I miss those. Would love to replay some classic championship games. Also, Notre Dame's classic green uniforms would be a sweet addition.

I CAN wait til June (will be rolling in my The Show season) but at the same time I CAN'T wait til June (for the demo)...
Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
no, unless I have multiple personalities that I'm not aware of.
i was just kidding...... cause i remember you did the NCAA info thread last year is all.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Also, Notre Dame's classic green uniforms would be a sweet addition.
they did have green jerseys in "10 not sure if they're the classic ones you're referring to though
Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #55
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

blog part 2 of the stuff from the ESPN article

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...n?blogId=blog2

Quote:
You asked for it, you got it... Part two

by Russ 03/05/10 5:55 PM

It’s been a long handful of months as we’ve been building the game while listening and reading everyone’s feedback from anywhere we could find. I’ve been waiting to start diving into all the improvements and new stuff we’ve been working on here at Tiburon.
Well let’s dive right in, even though we are releasing these details a little later then we would have liked:

New Equipment
Part of keeping things authentic on the field is what equipment each player is wearing. And frankly part of the fun for me is making sure my players I create or recruit all have the look to match the player, for example I love having Visors on my number one running back.

Well this year we added some new equipment to help keep your players looking how you feel they should:

·New Revolution Speed Helmet

·A few new facemasks for the different helmet styles in the game
·Some injury gear

oKnee Brace
oAnkle Brace
oElbow Brace
oElbow Guard

·New sleeve lengths
o3 Quarters Sleeve
oHalf Sleeve

·Towels

·Hand Warmers

Also we added the ability to set Left and Right Sleeve separate, so if you want one sleeve to be team color and full length and the other to be half length and black you can do that.

Single Week Bowl Season
This is a very nice improvement for all you Online Dynasty fans. As you know in last year’s game we had 4 different “weeks” for the bowl season; what this meant was is you could have up to 4 week advances so everyone could play their bowl games. This caused everyone in the Dynasty to wait for those people to play their games… not fun!

Well in NCAA Football 11 we have combined all the Bowl Games into one “Week” Advance, so everyone can now play their bowl games at the same time. This speeds up the process of finishing the Season in Online Dynasty by a lot, and should help keep things moving along.

Dynamic Conference Logos
Another upgrade for Dynasty players is about when a team switches Conferences either through last year’s new feature Custom Conferences, or though just playing Dynasty and getting a conference invite. This year when you change Conferences the conference logo on your team’s playing field will now update.

The best part is not only does the logo update, but they end up getting colored as if the team had really made the conference change. So for example if you move Alabama to the Big East you’ll see the logo look crimson and white.

Helmet Numbers During Game-Play
Speaking of Alabama, we’ve finally got the numbers on the side of the helmets to show up during game-play. It really is one of those things in the game that once you noticed you could never ignore again, and I’m glad to say it’s been addressed. Not only will they work for Alabama, but any team you create using TeamBuilder with numbers on the helmets will work as well.

Well that is just the start of what is to come about NCAA Football 11 there are way more (and BIGGER) things to talk about. It’s going to be a fun few months as we make the push to launch day and the release of everything we’ve worked on.
-Russ
Designer NCAA Football

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's funny you guys say that because I thought one thing that the PS2 version had that I loved was just what you describe. When I would play online the game kept track of who I played. When i'd go to EA's site it would show what teams I had played and beaten (or lost to). I remember making it a point to:

1. First play every single team at least once
then
2. Beat every team at least once
then
3. Use every team once.

I believe that was NCAA 2004 that had that. It was a silly thing but I remember it inspired me heartily to play against all the teams, teams I would never play against. I recall it taking me like 5 tries to beat USC and my friend was like "I wish you'd hurry up and beat me because I'm so tired of using USC...I HATE USC!" LOL.

So seriously, why not bring this back. It'd work especially well as Achievements. Simply make it like I said above and here are 6 achievements that the devs would have an easy time making and would inspire countless hours of play to achieve:

1. Get an achievement for playing as every team in the game offline
2. Get an achievement for playing against every team in the game offline
3. Get an achievement for beating every team in the game offline
4. Get an achievement for playing as every team in the game online
5. Get an achievement for playing against every team in the game online
6. Get an achievement for beating every team in the game online
I'm with you on this ODogg. This would give us the incentive to use and play against all teams. As is, most people just play with one school in dynasty, or the same powerhouse schools get picked for online play. If you are playing in an online or offline dynasty, you are just playing 12 opponents. College football is about all schools, all conferences, all regions. If they want to add to the replay value and prevent trade-in, they should add this. We'll see what this means.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »