Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: A New Game Plan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: A New Game Plan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #57
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
After buying NCAA for years in the PS2/XBox era, and enjoying it for the most part...along came the multiple disappointments of this current gen. And I finally just gave up.

After falling for the hype for so many years...I just don't have it in me anymore. It must be proven to me gameplay etc, is actually much improved, by way of several gameplay videos. The right things have been said before, and the end result was imo...blah.

I really hope the words ring true in July. Because I'd like to get back to playing a decent college football game.

I'm with you, but in all honesty..I have never heard these specific statements/ promises of change made by the current Devs.. Last year they changed everything BUT the gameplay. minor tweaks aren't worth $65 in my opinion, especially if they don't fix core issues.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: A New Game Plan

Sting - I pray hard each year for dredlocks and long hair but each year my dreams are shattered like broken glass.

blackscorpion - I completey disagree about not changing gameplay. IMO NCAA 09 to 10 was mostly about gameplay as the game not only played better but had a more unpredictable and organic nature. I think the main issue now is just how poor the graphics, sound and animation is, although make no mistake, the gameplay could certainly stand alot of improvement as well still.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 20

Sounds good, but I am going to wait for some hard evidence that things are really going change before I start jumping up and down.

And I couldn't disagree more with ODOGG about the gameplay in NCAA 10 being "organic and unpredictable." If anything I thought it was the exact opposite. Everything from o-line vs d-line interaction to the way most plays played out in general felt stale and predictable with very limited outcomes.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

mgoblue - let me clarify, I don't think we disagree really...I agree it's nowhere near where it should be. I said it was more organic and unpredictable than 09. It still needs a lot of improvement.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

I was feeling really good about this until the very end:

Quote:
Before I came onboard the NCAA franchise, I worked on a number of online games and technologies across EA SPORTS and also led the team that helped bring EA SPORTS games to Xbox Live and Sony PSN. Without giving too much away, you can probably guess that online will be a big component of some of the new areas we're exploring this year.
That makes me feel absolutely terrible. This probably means they'll add a bunch of online achievements (which I hate with a passion), and that the regular dynasty mode will be joe dirt simple still as they've spent most of their time on something for online, which I never play due to lag, exploits, and the fact that I generally don't give a crap about online gameplay.

I was really excited until he just gut-punched me with that there at the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #62
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I'm almost positive if long hair was in they would have mentioned it with the rest of the equipment. As bad as I want it in I have to be honest with myself and realize it's probably not.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #63
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I'm almost positive if long hair was in they would have mentioned it with the rest of the equipment. As bad as I want it in I have to be honest with myself and realize it's probably not.
The thing with long hair is that yes it is in madden but its basically part of the player. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is no way to change whether a guy had long hair or not. Not saying it should be hard to add, but you know...
Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
The thing with long hair is that yes it is in madden but its basically part of the player. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is no way to change whether a guy had long hair or not. Not saying it should be hard to add, but you know...
It's harder to let the user decide if they want them to have long hair, that's why most games don't give you the option to edit hair.

FLY EAGLES FLY

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »