Home

Best playbook for spread offense?

This is a discussion on Best playbook for spread offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Best playbook for spread offense?

Hey, I'm looking to switch playbooks. I had a big Tebow-type scrambling QB, so I ran the Florida playbook. Now I wanna run a spread offense with more of a pocket passer with some mobility. I'm thinking of using Texas Tech's playbook. They're playbook seems really good. What are some ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best playbook for spread offense?

Try Houston's Texas Tech's or Oklahoma State.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Pro

Thanks man, I'll give them a try
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you are going to more of a pass happy offense, try SMU or Hawaii... the Run N Shoot offense. But you need 4 or 5 decent WRs and a RB who can catch. Lots of fun tho. If you have a running QB as a back up, maybe get him for 5-10 plays a game within in the redzone and run some QB options as a change of pace.

I've also used Miami and their playbook, they have a good assortment of shotgun formations for the spread option look and a complimentary selection of power running formations that work good... lots of zone plays and PA passes.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
If you are going to more of a pass happy offense, try SMU or Hawaii... the Run N Shoot offense. But you need 4 or 5 decent WRs and a RB who can catch. Lots of fun tho. If you have a running QB as a back up, maybe get him for 5-10 plays a game within in the redzone and run some QB options as a change of pace.

I've also used Miami and their playbook, they have a good assortment of shotgun formations for the spread option look and a complimentary selection of power running formations that work good... lots of zone plays and PA passes.
Great info here, I really appreciate the help man. So many options, its crazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Banned

ka520's Arena

OVR: 10

Arizona
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Auburn easily
Old 03-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

auburn is good. so is oregon. pretty close to same. oregon has more reverses and screens. alot of pure option. auburn can run a little better with a few two te ace sets. i run the ball better out of the shotgun power run sets that these two playbooks have than any other playbook. some guys think that is crazy but the choice plays out of the two crazy looking sets(oregon 3) can get you big yards. only prob is the plays are really the same out of the sets and get old after a while without the variety. but if you like to run the ball out of shot but not really with the qb then auburn is your book. remember to block away from play side for big holes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »