Home

Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion"

This is a discussion on Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #41
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion"

Read what Chris had to say on NCAA Strategies too. This particular post had a bunch of goodies in it including comparisons to momentum in NCAA 10.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...8&postcount=28
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #42
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
Ryno, thanks for the responses. Hope you come back and hit up some of these other questions that were left for you. Great stuff and big thank you.
yup, ill be back in here today.. got some work to do and it's a busy around here, but when i have a chance i will pop back in and answer what i can.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

Last edited by RynoAid; 04-07-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #43
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Great last post Ryno! I am glued to this thread. I have two more questions then I will stop asking for a while.

1. In regards to the new running animations, did it finally look like real people running and not just stiff robots?
Locomotion definitely gives the player models a more realistic feel. Not only is momentum a factor but they have animations in there to show the footwork and body movement required to change direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
2. From the blog they focused mainly on the QB and he RB in terms of the locomotion. Is it just as natural for the defensive players and lineman as well? What I mean by that is do LB's now realistically drop step and plant to turn, effectively getting rid of the 180 degree snap into place turning (especially on DB's) for good? When WR's run routes does do they actually accelerate/decelerate out of their cuts, and plant there feet when making cuts? (This is the only way to seperate WR's with route running, rather then just speed)
i can't say anything is gone "for good".. i only played the game for a couple days, it's impossible to know. But i can tell you is that locomotion affects every player on the field and will expose weaknesses in guys if they have a low rating in categories that dictate player movement... ie: acceleration, agility, route running...

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #44
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

Ryno was there any video allowed at this event?
no.. no video or pictures were allowed.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #45
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Are the powerbacks like Gerhart going to be affected by this also? If so, how? I'de like to see my 99 trucking, 6"4 250 lb RB carry a few corners on his back if he gets to the outside. And I'm glad now that that 250lb back won't be able to make the same cuts as quick as a 5"9 170 lb back.
All players are affected by locomotion... and yes, weight does play a role in the makeup of it, i specifically confirmed that it's factored in to the new feature.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #46
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Ryno,
Can you comment on the new lighting?
If it looks nearly as good as The Shows i'll be really happy.
Thanks.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #47
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1
Ryno,
Can you comment on the new lighting?
If it looks nearly as good as The Shows i'll be really happy.
Thanks.
i don't have PS3, so i can't comment on The Show lighting. I will tell you that the game is not as dark as last year and the colors seem more vibrant. I didn't focus much on evaluating the lighting, other than the game just looking brighter and more refined.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Ryno, a couple of questions with regards to locomotion:
1. Over at ncaastrategies, i think it was jbhuskers that mentioned something about how all of you guys were "huddling in amazement" over some of the things you could do with the right stick. I'm wondering if there were a ton more moves that you could do in the game, whether it be using only the right stick, a combination of the right stick and left stick, right stick with the triggers/bumpers, etc. I've always really wanted a ton of move variety on the sticks, because the more control you have over the player, the more able you are to separate yourself in ability compared to another gamer. In sports games, I believe what makes a game great is the ability to differentiate yourself from another gamer, and in football, a locomotion system that requires, or at least allows for a ton of possibilities to play is the most important way in separating merely good from great gamers. (I haven't played fifa 10, but I know both that and NHL 10 are great in that you must truly master the controls to dominate competition as opposed to exploiting the game's ai.) I think it is much more fun to be able to beat someone on the sticks than it is to call a better game.

Anyway, my question is whether or not there were a ton of moves that you could pull of on the controller? Something like this would be amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tgR...eature=related

Secondly, do you feel as though the new locomotion system will help separate ok gamers to great gamers who are quick on the sticks by forcing players to use different, complex moves. (I personally see no skill in hitting up, left, or right, but if you could use a stutter to help set up your defender, and then string together some moves something similar to the complex ones shown in the FIFA video, that would go a long way to separating good gamers from great ones.

Thanks

Last edited by Wolverines05; 04-07-2010 at 05:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »