Home

NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

Check out the NCAA Football 11 locomotion live chat. If you missed out, the replay is available now.

Quote:
"NCAA Football Dev Team:
The players actually have higher top speeds this year than last year (based on real life data). It takes them longer to get to those top speeds however so you really only see guys hit 100% speed after 30 to 50 yards (based on their acceleration ratings) I think the game feels very similar speed wise, just not twitchy. We've added a game speed slider so that you can tune it to your liking however."
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat

My Question - Does locomation add more realism to the run game? ex: Cutback lanes, slowing down to wait on blocking then accelerating away from defender, just the ability to creat like a real RB

Answer - EA_Russ_Kiniry: From what I've been playing with so far these are two great examples of what happens in the game (cut backs and using acceleration). There have been many runs where you see a hole on the back side of the play and when you make the move to go there the defenders now can't stop on a dime and cut back to stop you. So what you see is poor defenders basically over pursuing the play side and huge runs on cut backs. It really is one of the funnest things with locomotion I've seen.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

If nothing else, confirmation of a game speed slider was great news to come out of this chat.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

What will the online default be
Old 04-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
What will the online default be
They didn't say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
My Question - Does locomation add more realism to the run game? ex: Cutback lanes, slowing down to wait on blocking then accelerating away from defender, just the ability to creat like a real RB

Answer - EA_Russ_Kiniry: From what I've been playing with so far these are two great examples of what happens in the game (cut backs and using acceleration). There have been many runs where you see a hole on the back side of the play and when you make the move to go there the defenders now can't stop on a dime and cut back to stop you. So what you see is poor defenders basically over pursuing the play side and huge runs on cut backs. It really is one of the funnest things with locomotion I've seen.

I dont really ask them for their opinions just facts. Its their job to talk this game up. Last year they would have said the same thing. And acted like locomotion wasnt even an issue.

I'll believe it when I see it myself ,BUT if this is true its setting the stage for NCAA 11 to have a breakout year. Just adding locomotion to this game makes it the best this GEN NCAA.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

I really hope this locomotion thing isn't overdone..you know..like the run commit was
Old 04-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont really ask them for their opinions just facts. Its their job to talk this game up. Last year they would have said the same thing. And acted like locomotion wasnt even an issue.

I'll believe it when I see it myself ,BUT if this is true its setting the stage for NCAA 11 to have a breakout year. Just adding locomotion to this game makes it the best this GEN NCAA.
Thats true.

But this could def. make this the best one yet,someone else also asked if you could pull of Barry Sanders type runs, and he said something like "HA! yea, I've had a couple cool runs with players with 95+ speed/acceleration/agility" ..

Run game is my fav. aspect so that's what i like to hear

Last edited by NoTiCe_O; 04-14-2010 at 04:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »