Home

Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

This is a discussion on Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The NCAA dev team has hinted at potentially creating an online roster editor where you could fix the rosters before the game is even released down the road. I'm guessing this would make sharing work easy and be used in the event EA loses.
Did they really? That would be cool. But me concern is online play. I play a ton of online games and if the rosters aren't accurate that takes a lot out of the experience for me.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #18
Rookie

joehoo's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Did they really? That would be cool. But me concern is online play. I play a ton of online games and if the rosters aren't accurate that takes a lot out of the experience for me.
plus 1 on the not so accurate rosters for online play. Thats what matters the most. As we all know if you play a ranked game you play with EA's roster and all of its errors. Sure you might have the names correct but apperance and ratings are 80 percent inaccurate.

Personally I think it takes away from the whole college experiance. I'm sure there are people who only play with the Flordias,Texas,OU,OSU,USC and so on. I'm not one of them.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

it's not gonna happen, all the screens they've released so far have players that are coming back next year
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #20
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

So far every Gator has been correct and in their right position for the real life team. I'm not so worried about every team being completely random as much as EA only making the top programs accurate (or semi accurate like last year). I would think they would be focusing a lot of time and attention on making all of the teams correct after how bad they were last year.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
it's not gonna happen, all the screens they've released so far have players that are coming back next year
Yup, one of the screenshots of the ESPN stat overlays shows an African American Miami QB#12. Can't be anyone but Jacory Harris. Rosters might be bad like last year, but they definitely won't be completely randomized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

I hope the rosters improve. Just like a lot things about the series, the rosters used to be A LOT better a few years ago. Last year was the worst.

Does NCAA FB have a "roster guru" like Donny Moore/Madden? I guess with 100+ teams they should have a couple of them.

I think the people here to great work on the rosters, but it seems the detail to the rosters only applies to the BCS schools.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think Blacklover who used to do rosters works for EA in this department now. They supposedly had a great guy last year but people weren't happy. I think it's too big a job for just one person. Quite frankly it might be nice to solicit info from OS for each team.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #24
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

As someone who did a report on the ongoing Sam Keller and Ed O'Bannon case vs EA for one of my law school classes, I think I can say with confidence that the case will not affect the rosters for NCAA Football 11. Why? Well, the attorneys for Keller and O'Bannon and the 10 other college has-beens (like Ryan Hart) are essentially arguing that their clients should receive compensation from past titles in which they appeared in. Even if EA completely randomizes the rosters this year, it wouldn't matter because the court is examining mostly past versions of the game. Even though their side won a major victory by having their case go through, its still very unlikely that will win.

Basically, EA sends out surveys to team managers to collect height, weight, hair, skin color and other unique info (type of facemask, equipment, etc.). Although it seems quite obvious that Florida QB #15 resembles Tim Tebow, it does not work the same way in legal terms. Basically, you can't trademark your height, weight, and other features of your body. EA is essentially arguing this point and that under the 1st amendment they're allowed use these characteristics.

If a court ruled in favor of Keller, O'Bannon, and the other money grubbing stooges, it would require a complete rewrite of trademark laws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »