Home

Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

This is a discussion on Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

In recent versions of the game, we got pretty realistic rosters with the likeness of the real player, just without the name. You knew that "QB #10" for Washington was Jake Locker. You know "QB #15" for Florida was Tim Tebow - and on and on...

With the recent legal issues of player likeness (thanks, Sam Keller), do any of you worry that EA will completely randomize rosters in NCAA 2011? It wouldn't be a game breaker for me as I believe that we could eventually get the rosters right with a big community project, but it would be a big hassle - though I would not hold it against EA if this turns out to be the case.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

I remember them being pretty bad last year at first. I think it was last year, IIRC. A lot of guys who weren't on the team anymore or had graduated were still on the roster. And a lot of the incoming freshman were missing. Hopefully the rosters are as current as possible, making the named rosters a much simpler task for the guy(s) doing em.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I remember them being pretty bad last year at first. I think it was last year, IIRC. A lot of guys who weren't on the team anymore or had graduated were still on the roster. And a lot of the incoming freshman were missing. Hopefully the rosters are as current as possible, making the named rosters a much simpler task for the guy(s) doing em.
True, but I'm talking about a complete, intentional randomization of ALL rosters in order to avoid potential legal issues that might arise in the future.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

That would most certainly be a game breaker, to me at least. Not having accurate players would be a serious problem. It would take a really long time to get all teams players accurate. A task that I'm sure no one wants to take on.

But I dont see this happening. There are no restrictions on this, as of right now.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
That would most certainly be a game breaker, to me at least. Not having accurate players would be a serious problem. It would take a really long time to get all teams players accurate. A task that I'm sure no one wants to take on.

But I dont see this happening. There are no restrictions on this, as of right now.
I don't see it happening as well, but it's troublesome for EA.

I think that as long as EA left EVERYTHING customizable and editable, full, accurate rosters could be done. We have some serious talent out there as far as roster editors go and I'd be more than willing to take on at least a couple teams from a conference and make them perfect. It would be a huge undertaking but if the community pitched in, we could get it done.

Again though, I hope you're right in the end and we get semi-realistic rosters just like we have in the past. I was just curious to see what people thought or if there was some info out there that I missed on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 20

Taking this "all the way," I'd say I definitely get just as much enjoyment from this series after the proverbial fifth year, when all the players are fake. So while it would definitely suck to a certain degree, I'd still be reasonably okay with it.

And like you said, so long as EA kept full customization in, a community effort would still get some pretty dope rosters out eventually, it would just take a while.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Last year the rosters were pretty bad... especially the non-glamour teams and definitely the non-BCS teams were botched. I remember working on the Louisville Cardinals roster and JaJuan Spillman was still on the roster. This was a kid that was kicked off the team in July 2008... and was still on the 2009 Cardinals roster. Even after he had played the complete 2008 season for Tennessee State. It was amazing how bad the rosters really were considering the hype surrounding the "new" roster guy at EA last spring and how good he was supposed to be.

I would not be surprised at all if the so-called big BCS teams are accurate & the smaller schools actually have some mix of current players and some players that hadn't played at schools since 2008. Rosters guys will be scratching their heads again trying to figure out hard to identify players again. Just my .02
Old 04-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

It wouldn't bother me one way ofr the other because I'm old enough to remember playing Bill Walsh College football for the Genesis when they didn't have all the teams and the players were just numbered.
Attached Images
File Type: png Bill_Walsh_College_Football_Coverart.png (106.7 KB, 269 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »