Home

Big Ten

This is a discussion on Big Ten within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #25
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Big Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan

what about Utah for the Big 12?
I think Utah is destined for the Pac 10. I think if the Big 10 expands, the Pac 10 will rush to do the same for two reasons; 1) they want a tv deal similar to what the Big 10 has now with their own network, and 2) them and the Big 10 are partners in almost everything they do - I'm sure the Big 10 and Pac 10 have been at least had some dialogue about the other's plan. And if Utah has a choice between a strong (and about to be stronger and richer with a new TV deal soon) Pac 10, and a Big XII where everyone just jumped ship, which do you think they'll choose? The only chance the Big XII would have is if Utah really wanted to stick with BYU.

As far as Boise St and Fresno St, no way on either one. Neither one brings a very desired tv market, and both are looked down on academically. UNLV and San Diego St. might have a shot, though very slim, because at least they bring good markets, and SDSU is actually not a bad research school. Hawaii would probably get a look too, but it's just too much travel for the Pac 10 schools to add them, I think.

That all being said, I have yet to see anything about the Big Ten stuff being true. I still think they'll end up just going to 12. I don't see the benefit of adding the four other teams. #12 gets them a football title game, which is more revenue, and probably helps them get to better bowls, at least BCS bowls, which is more revenue. The only reasoning I can think of is that they hope it'll increase their network's ratings during basketball season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #26
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
no charge for this...
Awesome. I thought about it after I posted that it would be a 6... DOH! Anyway... nice job!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 16

I hope this isnt true. A 16 team conference would be way too big. And would not preserve rivalries that should be preserved, like Michigan/Ohio State, Michigan/Little Brother, Michigan/Minnesota, and even the non conference Michigan/Notre Shame rivalry. Michigan should play those 4 teams every year. Last year didnt feel like a full season as Michigan and Minnesota didnt play for the Little Brown Jug, and this year will feel empty to because of the scheduling! We cant have more of this. A 16 team conference will make this even worse.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 39

Even though this is turning into more of a football thread, I want to get my opinion in... As an Iowa fan and Big Ten supporter - 16 teams is absolutely ******** for a football conference. I just want one team to make it 12 out of this list:

Nebraska
Kansas
Mizzou
K-State
Iowa St.
Pitt

Reaching as far east as Rutgers and Cuse doesn't sit well with me.

As for the other conferences if the Big Ten expands... I can see a 2 team combo of Colorado, Fresno St., Utah or SDSU joining the Pac 10. The Big 12 gets TCU or Houston (or maybe even Arkansas forcing the SEC to grab a team - Louisville, Miami, FSU, WVU...sooo many possibilities here). Then the MWC counters by adding Boise St. and possibly Montana or Nevada.

Now if the Big Ten does go with the Big East teams - This creates a huge domino effect & I predict the Big East will try to also expand to 12 by adding the likes of UCF, ECU, Memphis and possibly New Hampshire, Richmond & UMass or they take a couple ACC teams, and the ACC adds some of the above teams.... or it will go away completely (the Big East).

Honestly I see some huuuuge changes coming, someone just has to make the first move.

This would be great in a few years to have 12 team in each the Pac 10, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, ACC, Big East & MWC...possibly pushing us closer to a playoff system.

Last edited by sportzbro; 05-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Even though this is turning into more of a football thread, I want to get my opinion in... As an Iowa fan and Big Ten supporter - 16 teams is absolutely ******** for a football conference. I just want one team to make it 12 out of this list:

Nebraska
Kansas
Mizzou
K-State
Iowa St.
Pitt

Reaching as far east as Rutgers and Cuse doesn't sit well with me.

As for the other conferences if the Big Ten expands... I can see a 2 team combo of Colorado, Fresno St., Utah or SDSU joining the Pac 10. The Big 12 gets TCU or Houston (or maybe even Arkansas forcing the SEC to grab a team - Louisville, Miami, FSU, WVU...sooo many possibilities here). Then the MWC counters by adding Boise St. and possibly Montana or Nevada.

Now if the Big Ten does go with the Big East teams - This creates a huge domino effect & I predict the Big East will try to also expand to 12 by adding the likes of UCF, ECU, Memphis and possibly New Hampshire, Richmond & UMass or they take a couple ACC teams, and the ACC adds some of the above teams.... or it will go away completely.

Honestly I see some huuuuge changes coming, someone just has to make the first move.
Take Mizzou and Nebraska. Don't touch the Jayhawks
Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Take Mizzou and Nebraska. Don't touch the Jayhawks
Rock Chalk man...I go to KU, but would welcome them to the Big Ten
Old 05-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Rock Chalk man...I go to KU, but would welcome them to the Big Ten
If they do take Kansas then take K-State as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Now if the Big Ten does go with the Big East teams - This creates a huge domino effect & I predict the Big East will try to also expand to 12 by adding the likes of UCF, ECU, Memphis and possibly New Hampshire, Richmond & UMass
UNH and UMass are two of my favorite CFB teams so if this happens I'll run naked through the streets with excitement! Here's to the Big 10 becoming the Big 20!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »