Home

Dynasty Recruiting

This is a discussion on Dynasty Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Dynasty Recruiting

I think the biggest improvement they could add to dynasty recruiting would be a difficulty slider. The game makes it really easy to pull in great recruiting classes. I think most people actually like how unrealistically easy it is to build a program up in only three or four years. I know I like it as it would be awfully frustrating to take over a bad team and stay bad forever. But sometimes I'd like to take a Top 10 or 20 team and just play with them. That gets old really quick under the current system as you can easily become a team filled with superstars.

Imagine if they had an option for extremely difficult recruiting where you could take your favourite team like Alabama, Texas, USC, etc and actually have down years because recruiting is so hard. You will have to claw and fight to get one or two 5* recruits rather than getting five to ten. You'd actually have to bring in some 2* guys for certain positions. Winning the national championship would be a lot harder and more gratifying for those that like to use a great team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #26
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

A cut scene of top recruits making their choice with a table full of hats and ESPNU integration would be orgasmic
Old 05-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #27
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey all,

Junior Day's and NSD are my biggest wishlist items. The ability to "test drive" recruits in drills and the Army All America game would be awesome as would videos of recruits putting on hats and such. HOWEVAH . . . it really wouldn't be a must have. Just have write ups for drill results, lists of best run blockers, pass blockers, etc, and have a NSD complete with decommits and you got yourself a semi-realistic recruiting game.

Oh, and bringing back the Spring Game would be a huge get for off-season recruiting. Plus we could finally have the "Name Your Offensive and Defensive Captains" feature back. Which I was a huge fan of.

Thoughts?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #28
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think the biggest improvement they could add to dynasty recruiting would be a difficulty slider. The game makes it really easy to pull in great recruiting classes. I think most people actually like how unrealistically easy it is to build a program up in only three or four years. I know I like it as it would be awfully frustrating to take over a bad team and stay bad forever. But sometimes I'd like to take a Top 10 or 20 team and just play with them. That gets old really quick under the current system as you can easily become a team filled with superstars.

Imagine if they had an option for extremely difficult recruiting where you could take your favourite team like Alabama, Texas, USC, etc and actually have down years because recruiting is so hard. You will have to claw and fight to get one or two 5* recruits rather than getting five to ten. You'd actually have to bring in some 2* guys for certain positions. Winning the national championship would be a lot harder and more gratifying for those that like to use a great team.
This. 1000 times this.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 8

fcboiler87: I don't like getting the majority of recruits in the offseason. Take Texas for example. Look at their current class for next year (2011). The season hasn't started and it's nearly complete. We need to have some kind of summer session where we can recruit and then more guys need to commit in-season. Having to sign 15 guys after bowl season is quite unrealistic.

You can already do this with NCAA by taking the players that have you rated number 1 already. Texas bring their players in on their junior day visit and make their offers and if they don't commit texas won't waste their time on them and and offer to a kid that want's to commit right away. I also think its realistic the way it is because every team doesn't have the luxury that texas does of being the premiere college of the state of football. Most kids in texas want to play for texas. Other teams have to battle to the wire to get their players and florida state is a team that is know for having a big finish on signing day usually being in the top 10 of recruiting classes.

Last edited by kingbrandon56; 05-08-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: didn't add quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #30
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0

Its completely different.

With texas they sign players to the next years class. This is different than filling out your class for that year. I agree with you that texas' advantage does not apply to all schools. However the dominant schools (texas, usc, bama, etc) have built up their recruiting system over the years. Mack Brown didn't just roll into austin and cherry pick the best talent his first year. It took him a while to get it the way it is now. I think there should be a similar reward for working your pipeline states in the game. Have it take a few years of performing on the field and hauling in quality classes.

Back to the point. Filling out your class after the bowl season has finished is completely unrealistic.

Last edited by user_pick; 05-08-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_pick
How is that like a junior day? I don't understand what texas offering kids early has to do with the weak recruiting system the current game has.
You can offer before you play your first game and already have about ten commits. If your a 6 star team this works. I know its not a junior day but thats only a workout without pads and a tour of the campus. Not as interesting as you would think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_pick
Its completely different.

With texas they sign players to the next years class. This is different than filling out your class for that year.
Which is the same class that visits on junior day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »