Home

No Chain Gang?

This is a discussion on No Chain Gang? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #33
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: No Chain Gang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalline
chain gangs were really annoying in madden 10 idk why people would want them
Technically the chain gang CUTSCENES were annoying. EA could add them without adding all the crazy closeups/scenes and everything would be fine.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:27 AM   #34
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
I guess I'm just a detail guy. Having them just adds to the "authenticity" that ea is promoting. They were a bit annoying in madden but I think if ea fine tuned them enough they wouldn't be so bad.
Well people ask for realism on the field in madden 10. They got what they ask for. But I do agree the chaingang cut scene got little annoying. But I think what would solve this problem and with all the rest of the cut scenes would be. To give the option to skip it if wanted to. That goes for chaingang aswell. They did it in past football games. Why not now.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #35
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'm sorry but he's right. I can understand wanting things like dreadlocks because that can sometimes define who a player is just by looking at his hair.

But seriously, after seeing all the improvements to this game with gameplay AND presentation people whine about chain gangs? Do you actually look to the sidelines and keep an eye on the chain gang?

I understand the, "If it's in the game" motto some of you people use but, chain gangs? we're talkin about chain gangs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm sorry but he's right. I can understand wanting things like dreadlocks because that can sometimes define who a player is just by looking at his hair.

But seriously, after seeing all the improvements to this game with gameplay AND presentation people whine about chain gangs? Do you actually look to the sidelines and keep an eye on the chain gang?

I understand the, "If it's in the game" motto some of you people use but, chain gangs? we're talkin about chain gangs?
Well since you quoted me I'll respond. Personally I'm not whining. I never said it was a deal breaker, but they should be in the game. I don't understand why people come into threads like this and complain about people "complaining", lol.

I don't go into face mask threads and say "hey all the improvements to the game and you guys want to complain about facemasks?". I don't care about them, but I don't belittle people's concerns and say there are more important things, because the thread is about facemasks. Same with dreads, they really don't concern me but I think they should be in the game.

Also I could see if they were never in the game before. They were in every game last gen and they still haven't added them back. I'm tired of people giving EA a pass on the details. Like we are the ones lucky to get any scraps in our games. **** that EA should be working their asses off to make the best most authentic game possible. I give them credit for doing what they've done this year, and I'm really looking forward to the game, but I'm not gonna sit up here and act like I shouldn't expect more because they've made some nice improvements, they were supposed to.

People need to stop letting this company tell you things can't be done, because if there was competition they'd probably get done. Same company that said the games couldn't have 3d players, then gameday came out, and guess what EA has 3d players the next year. Same with gang tackling, said it couldn't be done then 2k did it, and magically EA has their own version. Once again the game looks pretty good this year, but this company will sell you on things that should be in the game, and will tell you things can't be done, that can be.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #37
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Well since you quoted me I'll respond. Personally I'm not whining. I never said it was a deal breaker, but they should be in the game. I don't understand why people come into threads like this and complain about people "complaining", lol.

I don't go into face mask threads and say "hey all the improvements to the game and you guys want to complain about facemasks?". I don't care about them, but I don't belittle people's concerns and say there are more important things, because the thread is about facemasks. Same with dreads, they really don't concern me but I think they should be in the game.

Also I could see if they were never in the game before. They were in every game last gen and they still haven't added them back. I'm tired of people giving EA a pass on the details. Like we are the ones lucky to get any scraps in our games. **** that EA should be working their asses off to make the best most authentic game possible. I give them credit for doing what they've done this year, and I'm really looking forward to the game, but I'm not gonna sit up here and act like I shouldn't expect more because they've made some nice improvements, they were supposed to.

People need to stop letting this company tell you things can't be done, because if there was competition they'd probably get done. Same company that said the games couldn't have 3d players, then gameday came out, and guess what EA has 3d players the next year. Same with gang tackling, said it couldn't be done then 2k did it, and magically EA has their own version. Once again the game looks pretty good this year, but this company will sell you on things that should be in the game, and will tell you things can't be done, that can be.
Yes you make valid points, but i'm not complaining that you're a complainer because in a sense, no one's opinion is wrong. I'm just simply stating that i'm happy they did other things correctly and if adding chain gangs wasn't on there to do list then I am fine with it.

I know I keep saying the word "I" and I shouldn't be speaking for the majority, but, most people wouldn't even notice chain gangs were missing from the game unless someone made a post about it. Or on the last gen systems where it was hilarious to watch them fall down while your player runs them over.

In all honesty i'm just happy they got presentation to at least a respectable level, refs on the field and all that good stuff.

I think we should just agree to disagree, some peoples priorities differ from another.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yes you make valid points, but i'm not complaining that you're a complainer because in a sense, no one's opinion is wrong. I'm just simply stating that i'm happy they did other things correctly and if adding chain gangs wasn't on there to do list then I am fine with it.

I know I keep saying the word "I" and I shouldn't be speaking for the majority, but, most people wouldn't even notice chain gangs were missing from the game unless someone made a post about it. Or on the last gen systems where it was hilarious to watch them fall down while your player runs them over.

In all honesty i'm just happy they got presentation to at least a respectable level, refs on the field and all that good stuff.

I think we should just agree to disagree, some peoples priorities differ from another.
Good post, I respect that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
Rookie

jeffmanqb3's Arena

OVR: 7

Refs with no chain gang will be a little odd. At least we have refs though.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #40
Rookie

Breaknician's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm kind of happy they don't have the chain gang. I got so sick of them running on the field in Madden last year. Every time you came within a yard of the 1st down they'd run on the field. So annoying. I'd be cool with it if you could skip through though.
"It's close... MAAAY NOT HAVE GOTTEN IT..." -- every 5 seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »