Home

has there been any talk from the devs about player ratings?

This is a discussion on has there been any talk from the devs about player ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 01:40 AM   #57
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: has there been any talk from the devs about player ratings?

Last year the BTK ratings drove me nuts. Most teams didn't even have a WR under 80. I wanted to go through and fix it but it was just too much. There was a ton of other randomness too.

The funny thing is that these are the ratings that the game is tested on. I wonder if the BTK ratings were meant to be that way to create more YAC? I don't know.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #58
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Playmakers with the stuff im reading from you, you should be applying to EA to be the roster man....get on that.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
Yeah but if these ratings are as spread out as they are supposed to be I don't think he deserves THAT kind of praise. Not to mention he was helped out a lot by Alabama's strong offensive line (just like Ingram).

As an Alabama fan who has obviously watched every game I can tell you that Richardson, as well as Ingram, are as good as anybody at making something out of nothing. They both have the obvious big play potential, but they can also make something out of nothing better than anyone in the nation. Ingram had 1,000+ yards after contact, and Richardson continually mowed through defenders, just watch his 50 yard TD against Arkansas where he breaks four tackles behind or near the line of scrimmage then outruns a safety to the pylon. They are two of the most dynamic runners in the nation. Whatever rating Ingram gets, Richardson should be about 3 points behind on experience alone really.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #60
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Heres a question. Does the awareness rating of the OL have anything to do with the pancake blocks I am seeing in all the videos? Or does that just tie into the overall pass blocking ability of the OL.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Heres a question. Does the awareness rating of the OL have anything to do with the pancake blocks I am seeing in all the videos? Or does that just tie into the overall pass blocking ability of the OL.
I think that awareness should effect ability to pick up zone blitzes and recognize how shifts from the defensive front changes their assignment. Playing OL, I know that that can be some of the more difficult things when you first start playing, but with experience comes knowledge IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #62
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmc59
As an Alabama fan who has obviously watched every game I can tell you that Richardson, as well as Ingram, are as good as anybody at making something out of nothing. They both have the obvious big play potential, but they can also make something out of nothing better than anyone in the nation. Ingram had 1,000+ yards after contact, and Richardson continually mowed through defenders, just watch his 50 yard TD against Arkansas where he breaks four tackles behind or near the line of scrimmage then outruns a safety to the pylon. They are two of the most dynamic runners in the nation. Whatever rating Ingram gets, Richardson should be about 3 points behind on experience alone really.

yea thats what i wuz sayin, 2-3 points behind at the most...
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 05-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
The Awareness rating allows them to understand their assignement's and recognize what the defender is trying to do.

Pancake's are tied into Run Block Strength, Pass Block Strength and IMPACT Block Ratings......those are all seperate ratings from Run Block Footwork and Pass Block Footwork ratings.

For the past few years EA has made the OL strong in regards to strength but they have neglected the Awareness factor of the OL and it resulted into terrible pass blocking assignments mainly by the OT's within the game.

You could have a LT that has only 80 strength and assign him a very high awareness and Pass Block Footwork rating and he'll be much more effective in the actual gameplay department than a LT with 90 strength and lower awareness. That's because one guy is going to know his assignment's better and have better footwork while the other guy is just strong

That is how EA has been rating the OL's since they came to the next gen systems....they make them strong in strength but they are DUMB in regards to awareness on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-25-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #64
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I think the pancakes from the videos are from the game being on Freshman or Varsity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »