Home

CPU Recruiting difficulty slider is in!

This is a discussion on CPU Recruiting difficulty slider is in! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #17
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: CPU Recruiting difficulty slider is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
Sweet Christmas!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
People play differently then others, so sliders are very important. What's so bad about adding a recruiting slider if people who are bad at recruiting need help, or people who find it too easy need a challenge? The more options you can make the better.
I totally agree. The more options the better. Don't like sliders? Don't use them then and live with the game on default. A recruiting slider will be the biggest improvement to dynasty mode in years. Now you can take a great team and not worry about them becoming too good (if the slider works well).
Old 05-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
AHHHH.....stop adding sliders for everything, just make it work how it supposed. I already have to spend countless hours adjusting sliders just to get a balanced game. VERY TEDIOUS. Don't want to spend more hours to make sure the cpu recruits right. Some things just don't need sliders just make it work correctly. PLEASE!
I get what your saying that adjusting slider after slider to make the game work can be tedious. But this slider will probably be very simple. You can have it on easy, default, or hard I'm assuming. I don't see the problem with that.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #20
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't misunderstand me, i know everybody don't play the same and all are on dif difficulty lvls. Plus i love customization and options. But sometimes i feel devs use sliders as a scapegoat to not tune the game properly. Yea i agree that recruiting has been very easy but the problem hasn't been the difficulty of the recruiting process, its been the fact that HUM players target stars and cpu just target positions. Its been plenty of times I've passed on a need position to get a high caliber player that i don't "need", the cpu doesn't do that. A slider is not going to help that, just make the cpu recuit logically. All i'm saying is sliders are not always the answer, some things can be fixed if the devs just properly tune them.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #21
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Don't misunderstand me, i know everybody don't play the same and all are on dif difficulty lvls. Plus i love customization and options. But sometimes i feel devs use sliders as a scapegoat to not tune the game properly. Yea i agree that recruiting has been very easy but the problem hasn't been the difficulty of the recruiting process, its been the fact that HUM players target stars and cpu just target positions. Its been plenty of times I've passed on a need position to get a high caliber player that i don't "need", the cpu doesn't do that. A slider is not going to help that, just make the cpu recuit logically. All i'm saying is sliders are not always the answer, some things can be fixed if the devs just properly tune them.
Your making assumptions, how do you know the Dev's haven't fixed this problem?

I agree that a slider isn't the answer to recruiting problems, but it is an answer to being able to get as many 5 stars and 4 stars as you want rather easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #22
Rookie

4solo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Your making assumptions, how do you know the Dev's haven't fixed this problem?

I agree that a slider isn't the answer to recruiting problems, but it is an answer to being able to get as many 5 stars and 4 stars as you want rather easy.
I really hope you're right, i just get tired of adjusting sliders. But still can't wait for the game.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Having a slider in and having it actually work are 2 different things.

We all know some sliders in sports games are worthless but hopefully this works.

But at least NCAA is working on recruiting and is trying to make it more realistic and tougher, which is a step forward.
True dat!

I will wait and see, as always. I'm well beyond falling for hype and false hope.

I wonder if it can be tested with some simming. Maybe if someone here gets an audience with EA and gets the chance, they should sim a couple seasons with the sliders at different levels and see if there are any drastic changes.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #24
Banned

Finally, this is going to make the game's playback value that much more better since you can make recruiting hard so you don't get the best players at all times

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »