Home

Nike Pro Combat Jerseys?

This is a discussion on Nike Pro Combat Jerseys? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Nike Pro Combat Jerseys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmc59
This is where its at.

Dynasty baby.
this FTW
Old 05-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #74
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

AGREED.

Nike Pro Combat jerseys don't win championships.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Shouldn't Dynasties have more than 1 championship?
They're on there way, I have complete confidence that Saban will continue to produce a championship caliber product and you have to think that another championship or two will follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
USC, tOSU, Miami, Florida, ND, Michigan, Texas, OU, UCLA disagree

LSU baseball in the 90's was a dynasty
The Lakers in the early 00's was a dynasty
the Bulls in the 90's were a dynasty
70 years with 13 championship seasons does not make a dynasty.

Bama in the 1800's when they won all those championships was a dynasty (Which is stupid that they claim depression-era championships) but not 2 in 20 years

Really? Tons of schools have championships from that era, and the only questionable one is 1941. What's wrong with declaring yourselves National Champs when everyone else has too? We were not only a dynasty in the 20s and 30s, but the 60s and 70s as well. The last twenty years have been down years for Alabama, but we've still won two national championships and three SEC championships. In LSU's best twenty years they have two National Championships and three SEC Championships.

Additionally, as the the first Southern team to play a Western team in the Rose Bowl of 1925, Alabama carried the weight of our region's football hopes on our back. If we lose that game, Southern football is never taken seriously, and the SEC is nothing.

You're welcome.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Additionally, as the the first Southern team to play a Western team in the Rose Bowl of 1925, Alabama carried the weight of our region's football hopes on our back. If we lose that game, Southern football is never taken seriously, and the SEC is nothing.

You're welcome.

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE... you're over stepping your boundaries big time.
UGA Bulldogs
Cincinnati Bengals
Old 05-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio47
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE... you're over stepping your boundaries big time.
Well our 1925 Rose Bowl victory is typically regarded as such. Washington was regarded as the best team on the West Coast and had not lost a game, they even had won 108-0. The south was viewed as an inferior college football product (much like the Northeast today) and this was the first time anyone had ever been given the time of day. The fact that a Southern team was playing in the Rose Bowl itself was incredibly hyped because it was believed to be so far out of the realm of possibility. They were an underdog, and even Pop Warner said they were "too light to stop that big Washington team." Washington took a 12-0 lead at halftime, but the Tide came back and put twenty points in the early third quarter (after some "inspiration" by coach Wallace Wade, who said "and they told me Southern boys would fight.") Washington had the ball down 20-19 and threw up a final pass which Bama intercpeted to seal the game.

You ever wonder why no Southern teams have National Titles before 1925? Because they were given no respect. Alabama changed that and effectively changed the landscape of college football forever and turned it into what it is now, a sport dominated by Southern teams.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #79
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
They're on there way, I have complete confidence that Saban will continue to produce a championship caliber product and you have to think that another championship or two will follow.
And I have faith that I will own a jetpack by this time next year. Doesn't mean it's going to happen

Quote:
Really? Tons of schools have championships from that era, and the only questionable one is 1941. What's wrong with declaring yourselves National Champs when everyone else has too? We were not only a dynasty in the 20s and 30s, but the 60s and 70s as well.
That's my point.
Quote:
The last twenty years have been down years for Alabama, but we've still won two national championships and three SEC championships.
Then you're even with LSU. Congrads.

Quote:
In LSU's best twenty years they have two National Championships and three SEC Championships.
Cool? I never said anything about LSU.

Quote:

You're welcome.
You can't really be beating your chest over something that happened before the stock market crash?

That's just laughable.

Quote:
You ever wonder why no Southern teams have National Titles before 1925?
Because it didn't matter?

Quote:
. Alabama changed that and effectively changed the landscape of college football forever and turned it into what it is now, a sport dominated by Southern teams.
That's just about as delusional as they come.

@AdamdotH

Last edited by Watson; 05-29-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
And I have faith that I will own a jetpack by this time next year. Doesn't mean it's going to happen

That's my point.
Then you're even with LSU. Congrads.

Cool? I never said anything about LSU.

You can't really be beating your chest over something that happened before the stock market crash?

That's just laughable.

Because it didn't matter?

That's just about as delusional as they come.
1st point- Saban has shown a history of producing what I have faith in him producing, do you have a history of producing jetpacks?

2nd point- I agree, we're certainly not a dynasty yet, but 26-2 and without a regular season loss since 2007 isn't a bad start. I'm not saying we will be UCLA basketball or LSU baseball because that's near impossible to do. Only the greatest teams of all time, such as Alabama, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Southern California, and Oklahoma (i.e. the bluebloods of college football) can claim dynastys. I, as well as Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson apparently, feel that we're off to a great start in that regard.

3rd point- Exactly, our down twenty is as good as your best.

4th point- You expect me to believe that LSU has nothing to with your post? Hell, you even quoted my third point and said "Then you're even with LSU. Congrads." You actually negated your point before you even made it.

5th point- Then when do we start talking about the history of college football? Just because your program has no history doesn't mean that ours should be negated. Like I said, be thankful for our early history.

6th point- How is that delusional? Tell me who acutally changed it? LSU- not a chance. Georgia? Auburn? Tennessee? Get back to me on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »