Home

College Football Magazines (Top QB's)

This is a discussion on College Football Magazines (Top QB's) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: College Football Magazines (Top QB's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhtfld
If Dennis Dixon is able to play qb in the nfl im pretty sure that Pryor will be able to too. Pryor also has two seasons left of college football.
Dennis Dixon was projected as a second round pick at quarterback before he got injured though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #66
Rookie

dmhtfld's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Dennis Dixon was projected as a second round pick at quarterback before he got injured though.
how do you know that in two years Pryor wont be the same or even better than dixon though?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhtfld
how do you know that in two years Pryor wont be the same or even better than dixon though?
Well, maybe he will, but I highly doubt it. Dixon at least had passing ability. Pryor is no where near that. He's a really bad passer. He has a boat load of potential, but he will never realize that until he learns how to become a passing QB. The NFL is a passing league now. Like it or not, QB's always throw at least 30-40 times a game now. You need to be a passer right now to survive in the NFL. If Pryor were going into the league this year, he would have to be at a different position because he just simply cannot be trusted passing the ball 20-25 times a game. 30-40 times against NFL defenses would be really pushing it.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #68
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Not for us fans, He put together one of the best seasons a USC qb has had in 20 years. We all thought he did really well last year. No USC fan thinks he was a disappointment. And he almost beat yall last year. The receiver just wasnt looking for the ball. He even admitted it. The throw was on the money.
But i guess the rest of the Nation just doesn't think he's as good as we do.
The problem is vs. good defenses (Florida, Bama and Tennessee) he was barely average. I understand that he didn't have the best WRs, but he is just too erratic to be considered a high-level performer.

He has the tools to be dangerous. Who knows, he could breakout this year. Ya never know.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #69
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Lol, Pryor and Taylor are not faster than Nesbitt. Griffin is the only one I can see beating Nesbitt in a footrace. And ease up on Moore's awareness. Holy crap. You haveLandry Jones and Blaine Gabbert too high overall-wise. Bump up Ponder's speed. And I'd even go out on a limb and say you have Andrew Luck rated to high. I don't see him getting out of the 80s. But then again, you probably did these without realizing that potential is important this year. That being said, all of your ratings are probably too high. Thanks for playing.
1. Pryor and Taylor are 4.5 guys. Nesbitt is a 4.6 guy.

2. Landry Jones was an 85OVR in NCAA 10. Yea I really overrated him huh +2OVR +5AWR +1THA.

3. Blaine Gabbert is an 87OVR in NCAA 10. That's +2OVR +5AWR +2THA.

4. Kellen Moore's football IQ (hint AWR) is his biggest asset. Not his size, strength, speed, arem strength etc. That should be represented in the game.

5. I did bump up Ponder's SPD. It is 80 in NCAA 10. I had it at 82SPD.

6. Andrew Luck is being considered one of the top QBs nation wide. Why do you think they have him on this list at #6???? Lol.

7. If you don't think Landry Jones and Gabbert haven't shown enough to warrant a +2 increase then I question your knowledge of how EA rates players.

8. Thanks for hating.

As for the "stretched" ratings, I will believe it when I see it. That is why I didn't account for it.

Last edited by o 99 PROBL3MS o; 05-26-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #70
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Not to be a kill-joy, but the day someone can define the position "quarterback" is the day we can compare all of these guys.

It's just not that simple, and I think most of us would agree on that.

Moore wouldn't be rated as a very high quarterback at GT, and Nesbitt wouldn't rate very high as QB at Boise.

If the discussion is directed towards ratings associated with pro-potential or a pro-style skills, then we have to take that into consideration or completely drop out the QB's that play in a system or have special skills that don't translate to the pro-style game.

I would like to know how EA Sports decides how to rate a position differently based on the style of play. Are pass heavy and option quarterbacks rated based on the exact same criteria?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #71
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Not to be a kill-joy, but the day someone can define the position "quarterback" is the day we can compare all of these guys.

It's just not that simple, and I think most of us would agree on that.

Moore wouldn't be rated as a very high quarterback at GT, and Nesbitt wouldn't rate very high as QB at Boise.

If the discussion is directed towards ratings associated with pro-potential or a pro-style skills, then we have to take that into consideration or completely drop out the QB's that play in a system or have special skills that don't translate to the pro-style game.

I would like to know how EA Sports decides how to rate a position differently based on the style of play. Are pass heavy and option quarterbacks rated based on the exact same criteria?
This is a good question and I think the answer is no unfortunately. It would be great if the ratings were dynamic and not only position specific but scheme specific also. I think the ratings are plain and cut-n-dry though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #72
Rookie

dmhtfld's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 99 PROBL3MS o
1. Pryor and Taylor are 4.5 guys. Nesbitt is a 4.6 guy.

2. Landry Jones was an 85OVR in NCAA 10. Yea I really overrated him huh +2OVR +5AWR +1THA.

3. Blaine Gabbert is an 87OVR in NCAA 10. That's +2OVR +5AWR +2THA.

4. Kellen Moore's football IQ (hint AWR) is his biggest asset. Not his size, strength, speed, arem strength etc. That should be represented in the game.

5. I did bump up Ponder's SPD. It is 80 in NCAA 10. I had it at 82SPD.

6. Andrew Luck is being considered one of the top QBs nation wide. Why do you think they have him on this list at #6???? Lol.

7. If you don't think Landry Jones and Gabbert haven't shown enough to warrant a +2 increase then I question your knowledge of how EA rates players.

8. Thanks for hating.

As for the "stretched" ratings, I will believe it when I see it. That is why I didn't account for it.
pryor ran a 4.3 in practice but is more likely a 4.4 guy once he runs in the combine. He looks slow but that just because of his really long strides

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »