Home

IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME?

This is a discussion on IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME?

The play-clock issues in NCAA 09 made the game unplayable for me. Maybe I've been spoiled by Madden, but I expect to be able to set the quarter length to 15:00 and get realistic stats. If I can't do that, then you have not made a football simulation, you have made an arcade game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Accelerated clock won't be in the game, that would make too many people happy. They're big selling point is "120 ways to win" which is another way way of saying there are 120 different play books..yippee.

I'm convinced EA doesn't make changes or add features that people actually want or that would make the game more realistic (game play wise)...no, we get team intro's that you will watch one time then skip through every other time it comes up...I don't get why people would get excited about that but each his own I guess.

It's funny to hear EA's selling points each year, they're starting to sound like a politician...completely out of touch with people supporting them. And their drones come out and murmur those talking points ad nausium to their lemming base....it's getting old.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9

this is a huge mistake if its not in the game. i understand that theyre trying to cater to a less sim crowd than madden, but what sense does it make to add the offensive styles and no huddle if youre truly not differentiating between huddle and no huddle in the time department
Old 06-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #44
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
It does. But a guy earlier suggested having us hold a button down to run off clock, and that would only work for the hum, not the cpu.
I'm the one who suggested the "hold the button" method to run off clock more quickly. I guess I should have mentioned that, in order for it to work properly, the CPU would be programmed to run the clock down too.

Without putting too much thought into it (since it won't be in the game anyway), I'd imagine that how the CPU handles the clock could tie into the type of offense they run. If they are an uptempo team, they'd run less clock off. If they like to run the ball and control the clock, they'd run the clock down more.

And, of coarse, the game situation would play a part too. If they are down by 10 with 3:00 to go, they would run as little time off as they could, just like a human player would be prone to do.

I just think this method would provide some flexibility. Maybe it would be used to cheese online. Not sure if a player chooses to use it or not use it would constitute cheesing though. If you're ahead and kill clock, or if you're behind and try to use as little clock as possible, that sounds like football to me.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 8

hopefully its like it was in NCAA 10 ... where u could run the clock down when u was winning but u could turn it off if u was losing ... iono who don't like that feature but i hope Madden 11 does it cause it doesn't make sense to have the clock running down at all times even when ur losing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 18

I don't believe an offense or defense can make lets say 5 to 10 adjustments; like you can in the game. So how about audibles and adjustments take more time similar to real life or the developers can code an option for the offense or defense to only have two times to audible or make an adjustment. This also includes hot reads and changing defense players reads.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm the one who suggested the "hold the button" method to run off clock more quickly. I guess I should have mentioned that, in order for it to work properly, the CPU would be programmed to run the clock down too.

Without putting too much thought into it (since it won't be in the game anyway), I'd imagine that how the CPU handles the clock could tie into the type of offense they run. If they are an uptempo team, they'd run less clock off. If they like to run the ball and control the clock, they'd run the clock down more.

And, of coarse, the game situation would play a part too. If they are down by 10 with 3:00 to go, they would run as little time off as they could, just like a human player would be prone to do.

I just think this method would provide some flexibility. Maybe it would be used to cheese online. Not sure if a player chooses to use it or not use it would constitute cheesing though. If you're ahead and kill clock, or if you're behind and try to use as little clock as possible, that sounds like football to me.
agree with everything you said
Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #48
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB

I think if this was in, it would break online. There'd be problems with it online (it'd be another advantage for a human player against a cpu as well, and I don't think that's good, but the big problem would be online). If you are picking and choosing when to use it, it is no longer Accelerated Clock, it's an improved version of Chew Clock. Accel. clock is automatic to simulate the time it takes to huddle, get sub packages, call the play, etc. You shouldn't get to pick whether or not you do that stuff. It would defeat the purpose of the no-huddle offense, as it is often quicker to call plays in a "huddle" in the game than to go no huddle, and there is no fatigue penalty.

I think it would be a big problem online. Part of the purpose of a true Accel. Clock is to run longer quarters. So say instead of 5 min quarters, EA has 9-10 minute quarters with Accelerated Clock. But you get an opponent that doesn't use his optional accelerated clock. Now that game goes from taking 40-45 min to taking over an hour or more. So if no one is really using the Accel. Clock, EA drops quarters online back down to 5 min. Now, a guy has a 10-0 lead at halftime, gets the ball, and now runs his clock down to :01 everytime, and holds the ball for almost the entire half. You could also have a situation where a guy on offense makes an audible or a change and immediately gets on the accelerate button before the defensive player can make his adjustments.

I don't see this as accelerated clock. I see this as an extension of Chew Clock, which is not the same thing as Accelerated Clock. I don't think it's as good of an option as Madden's accelerated clock, which I thought added a ton to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »