Home

One Minor Thing, One MAJOR Issue

This is a discussion on One Minor Thing, One MAJOR Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4
One Minor Thing, One MAJOR Issue

Something that has been broken for a long time and can be DETRIMENTAL to gameplay.

Hustle.

I can't even tell you how many times I've mashed the A/X (depending on console) button to get the players to hurry up to the line so I can hurry up and run another play or spike it, only to have one fat hoggmollie or my QB walk his happy buns to the line as time expires and cost me a victory.

It seems like the players always run up then slow down for the last 3 or 4 steps instead of just getting down in their stances.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: One Minor Thing, One MAJOR Issue

exactly. it is SO flippin annoying! Can't ever get them to hurry enough but when I read the firs line or 2 of this post (when I saw the word hustle), it made me think, they should have a heart rating as well. might be difficult to actually determine and put in, but I think it'd be great. for example if someone had a high heart rating, he would play harder, and make the plays when it was crucial. but I don't want to take away from your thread. Hustle is a BIG thing, especially for wildcat forms- when running the clock, it BARELY gets the play off most of the time. you have to sit there for about 3 sec with everyone set before you can even start the play! Yeah I know, I know, "why not just turn run the clock off" well I still want to run it down without taking forever, but I want a LITTLE time in case I need to audible to a different wildcat play.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I think the console actually gets to the line much faster than they really should. If you would compare real football to a video game, no team would reset after a play in less than 2 seconds

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 27

That's why I've always been in favor of the no-huddle cut scene. It looks like they've been trying to tweak the visual outcome of the no-huddle over the past few years, but it's not working; it still looks weird when they rush to the line and the time it takes is still not there.

If you had a cut scene take over you wouldn't have to worry about that, as you could have the players appear and line up immediately at the end of the scene. I suggested a team no-huddle rating for this based on the offense's collective speed and awareness ratings, and it all exhausts based on fatigue so people couldn't abuse it. So some teams would be able to set up faster than others, but you wouldn't have these stragglers destroying your drive or getting stuck behind someone (which I've had happen a number of times and wound up losing games).

Last edited by TheWatcher; 05-31-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
it made me think, they should have a heart rating as well. might be difficult to actually determine and put in, but I think it'd be great. for example if someone had a high heart rating, he would play harder, and make the plays when it was crucial.
Or maybe a CLUTCH rating or sort of a CARE or DESIRE one. It'd definitely be cool, I'm not sure if it's pushing it too much to judge the athletes like that, the NCAA might not go for it. It's hard to create that rating especially with players we haven't seen or seen often on the field (younger players), but I think the CLUTCH one is plausible.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief
Or maybe a CLUTCH rating or sort of a CARE or DESIRE one. It'd definitely be cool, I'm not sure if it's pushing it too much to judge the athletes like that, the NCAA might not go for it. It's hard to create that rating especially with players we haven't seen or seen often on the field (younger players), but I think the CLUTCH one is plausible.
that's true. I was mostly referring to guys like Prothro, Tebow, Crabtree, and others who'd have a pretty high rating
Old 05-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Its annoying Late in the 4th Quarter when you are down with no Time outs.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
that's true. I was mostly referring to guys like Prothro, Tebow, Crabtree, and others who'd have a pretty high rating
Absolutely, and it's a cool idea. But once you get passed the superstars it could get to be a very messy issue. How do you rate a redshirted freshman WR's clutch rating when he's 6th on the depth chart and hasn't seen the field yet? He'll be a #2 guy some day, so it'll matter then, but it's just too hard to gauge those things. Cool idea though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »