Home

Who should be the highest rated player by postion?

This is a discussion on Who should be the highest rated player by postion? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #65
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Who should be the highest rated player by postion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
specifically the reason i wouldnt have posey in a top 5 is because i dont think his production and his current ranking amongst the other wr's in his class by scouting services warrants it. i realize those rankings fluctuate a lot year to year person to person, and its not like im being overly critical because i could see him as high as 6th and probably no lower than 10th.

tru tru....I just fear these ratings will be made by devs who only watch ESPN top 10 highlights. They don't do their research. They'd probably get a better gauge by reading these forums (not just OP-Sports, others as well).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Concerning Julio again. As for as raw athletic ability goes his rating on the game should be through the roof. Including blocking. He does some outstanding down field blocking. He is more valuable there than anywhere. But his hands and awareness need to be quite lower. He'd be one hell of a tight end. Even at his weight now. Very Shannon Sharpesque. True he does get double teamed frequently but still manages get open. He just drops the ball alot.
i like this post. i went to his school so i got to see julio alot and i ran routs with him if he didnt drop the ball as much he will go in the top 3 this year in the draft
Old 06-09-2010, 04:15 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 32

Here's my opinion...

You won't find a bigger Jake Locker fan here than me. He's my favorite college athlete of all-time. The kid is electrifying and his physical tools seem to be unmatched at the college level this year. It's no wonder why NFL scouts drool over this kid...

Here's the thing, though. EA should not base their ratings off of NFL Potential. Locker should not be the highest rated QB in the game. He should be top 10, or maybe even top five, but not the best QB in the game. He has had some putrid talent at UW and I believe he has done the most with what has surrounded him, but you have to show me more. To be rated the best in the game, you have to be the best. I don't see Locker being there...yet. Same applies to Andrew Luck.

My vote goes to Kellen Moore and it's not even really close. Moore's W/L record and pure stats at BSU are ridiculous and he has been doing it for three years now. Locker is a beast and I like him a lot, but he has a long ways to go. Strictly speaking about college QB's, Kellen Moore wins the trophy. I don't like BSU but Moore has more than proven himself and he deserves the honor.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:22 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thendfanzach
A few points:
jake locker is not a top quarterback. he is just somebody like jevan snead that dickshay falls in love with. how is snead doing? locker lost the game every way he could against notre dame when they played. he is so raw it is pathetic he will be rated high but i would most rather have dayne crist or brantley for example. they can actually throw the ball.

qb-mallet but there is not really any top teir players this year nobody should be above a 94
rb-ingram because he won the heisman. ea wont consider the fact his oline did all the work not him
wr-Michael floyd followed by aj green. floyd is the best reciever in the country. and julio jones should be ranked a 70. i dont understand how people love that kid when he catches the ball like a pewee football player.
te-rudolph not even a contest
defensive- north carolina
Read my post on Locker. Yours is just stupid and you obviously show that you've seen very little of Locker or you just hate U-Dub due to the Willingham saga...

For the record, Jake Locker had over 300+ yards of offense that game with 2 TD's and 0 turnovers. His receivers also dropped nine catchable balls so I am having a tough time seeing where you're coming from.

I agree that Locker should not be the highest rated player in the game but to say that he is "not a top quarterback and [Locker] lost the game every way he could against Notre Dame when they played," is just stupid...
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #69
Rookie

OperationRoseBowl's Arena

OVR: 8

No particular order. Just names. Also, even though some of these players may not be the highest rated in the game. Watch out for some of them to have a break out season and show some of the guys over at EA who and what they overlooked. So far, as individuals go, this what I got.

QB: Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, Terrelle Pryor, Case Keenum, Jerrod Johnson, Russell Wilson

FB: I really don't pay much attention to them....Well, as far as being in the stands or watching on tv goes. lol. cause when you're on the other side of that ball (defense) I know I'd be watching out for the fullback to be bulldozing through.

RB: Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, Ryan Williams, Noel Devine, LaMichael James, Trent Richardson, Evan Royster, Jacquizz Rodgers

WR: AJ Green, Michael Floyd, Jonathan Baldwin, Titus Young, DeVier Posey

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Lance Kendricks, DJ Williams

OL: Mike Pouncey, Rodney Hudson

DL: Marvin Austin, Greg Romeus, Jared Crick, Marcell Dareus

LB: Mark Herzlich, Greg Jones, Von Miller, Chris Galippo, Vontaze Burfict

S/DB: Patrick Peterson, Aaron Williams, Rahim Moore, Stephon Gilmore, DeAndre McDaniel, Deunta Williams

Fantasy Sports Enthusiast
Sports Memorabilia Collector

CowboysAstrosRocketsTexas Longhorns
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ok I'll give this a go(I've revised my ratings.)
QB- Kellen Moore(really really accurate)
HB- Mark Ingram/Ryan Williams
WR- AJ Green
TE- Kyle Rudolph
T- Gabe Carimi
G- Rodney Hudson
C- Kris O'Dowd
DE- Rob Quinn
DT- Marcell Dareus
OLB- Bruce Carter
MLB- Greg Jones/Quan Sturdivant
CB-Pat Peterson
FS- Rahim Moore/Deunta Williams
SS- DeAndre McDaniel

Sorry If I misspelled names. I'm super tired right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »