Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #65
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyhateme459
I think before they worry about recruiting for schemes they needed to get recruiting correct. You have to build a solid foundation that can be added on going forward. If it works how the blogs has explained they've built a very solid foundation for recruiting. It's important that developers don't jump crucial steps because that leads to poor implementation of key features. There are plenty of examples of this in the sports gaming market.
I agree. Woulda been nice to have both though, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #66
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Nice read. Recruit sounds like it will be more fun and harder this year. But the only thing I don't get in the statis department is. Why bother with half of a sack stuff. I never once in madden 10 got a half a sack. Mainly because the human control D pass rush was not so good. For the half a sack to count. The AI on the human control D needs to be more aggressive then the AI was madden 10.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #67
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

These were much needed improvements but like others have stated, hopefully teams will recruit players to their system.

I was praying for coaching carousel in this blog. I'm so pumped for this game, but if it's not then replay value becomes limited for me. Please EA. Please. How can you not see what this would bring to the game offline and online?

I feel like a whiny little school girl but geez.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #68
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyhateme459
I guess everyone likes different things, because to me Recruiting is College Football. For me in dynasty it's recruiting, and on the field play. Those are the two main things. Greatly improving recruiting is a HUGE positive for me this year... I'll rather them add great quality features instead of quantity with no quality. With recruiting being improved this year, next year they can focus on coaching carousel and other features.
Don't get me wrong, I love recruiting. I just think that they should try to implement some different things regarding dynasty. Recruiting's been in the game forever. I was thinking they would start putting in some new features and say "on a side note, recruiting has been improved in this way..." Things usually don't work out the right way the first time around.

I just don't want them to put in coaching carousel next year, it not work right, and they have to say improved coaching carousel is the big feature in NCAA13.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #69
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Forgive me if im being picky or whatnot, but wow. All they improved in Dynasty was recruiting and two other things. Dynasty needs better presentation added to it. I havent played '11 yet, so i dont want to judge. But my heart isnt beating fast as it was when they released the other info.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #70
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Dynasty Blog 3 of 3: Recruiting Logic and Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecooper9
More good news...can't wait to recruit on Heisman and also recording 1/2 sacks & tackles is huge for stat junkies like me.

Now ready to beat down the U w/my Buckeyes in the demo!

what! lol
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #71
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
Liking the new half sacks and half tackles stat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecooper9
More good news...can't wait to recruit on Heisman and also recording 1/2 sacks & tackles is huge for stat junkies like me.

Now ready to beat down the U w/my Buckeyes in the demo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
nice. love that recruiting should be tougher. half-sacks, assisted tackles were a good small detail bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Looking really good.

Love the idea of recruiting being tougher, hope teams don't recruit too far off style of play, but am hoping that since they took the time to promote, "120 Ways to Win" that teams will recruit to their play style.

1/2 sacks and 1/2 tackles are a plus, as are the new awards. Also hoping they address the new bowls and some of the issues with team selection in bowl games last year.

All in all...game is shaping up to be very good. A shame it took this long to get to this point, but at least we're finally here.
Well if they do half tackles like they do in Madden, they won't be adding them to your total tackles or anything. Instead of madden listing tackles has 5.5 or whatever to show the half tackle, they have another category called asst tackles. So all you guys getting your hopes up about half tackles, if this is done like Madden was last year, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Other than that, the recruiting difficulty slider should be great. No more "you can only recruit the amount of seniors you have leaving + 3." That's for the "Workers" out there.

Last edited by splff3000; 06-08-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #72
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

You would think with the emphasis on 120 ways to win, they'd add a feature where teams recruit for their systems. I'm sick of playing against GT a few years into a dynasty and find them with a drop back passer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »