Home

Best Recruit You Ever Had??

This is a discussion on Best Recruit You Ever Had?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Best Recruit You Ever Had??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Been there, done that.

You grow attached to these cyber ballerz when you take them from recruit to greatness over four seasons, don't you?

I've always meant to post a top 10 list of my greatest players ever on one of my dynasty threads. Maybe that will be a fun way to pop the cork on my NCAA '11 'nasty.
My vote goes to Joey McBride for you. I wish you could have finished his Madden career too, that guy was too nasty.

My best recruit came in NCAA 09, athlete Brandon Allen. Put him at WR and he broke every record possible except receptions. Had like 28 TD's his junior year before jumping to the pros.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #26
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScoopmaster
In Ncaa 09 i was doing an online dynasty in the WAC confrence and in year two i recruited a 4* wr to play at San Jose State.Daryl Wilcox he was a 81 ovr with 99 speed and acc he broke every single season school record his fresh year and all school career records his soph year.
I had a guy like this a 3 star guy at Akron Freddie Fuller. He was 6'4", also had a RB Bell both with tons of speed.

Fuller took back 10 punts, every catch he basically scored a TD.. with some glitches in 09 it was made possible.

He started around 71 overall and ended around 77 but the speed but always there. He got me to the sugar bowl which I lost
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #27
Rookie

UCFTirade's Arena

OVR: 10

lol in NCAA Football 09 I created a guy and recruited him to Virginia Tech. His name...Albert the Destroyer. 99 everything. I did it for ****s and giggles and his numbers as a OLB were waaaay to ridiculous. I benched him after the first season because he diminished my fun level.

But the real recruit I had was a dual threat 3 star QB (forget the name) with Utah State in NCAA 09. I know not really the best of players but he was the missing puzzle piece. We ran a short yardage one back offense and he completely revamped my program. My wins went up, had good recruits come to us and ultimately made my Utah State dynasty the favorite I had ever had. I owe my program to him and my three star RB & a 4 star TE.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #28
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
My vote goes to Joey McBride for you. I wish you could have finished his Madden career too, that guy was too nasty.

My best recruit came in NCAA 09, athlete Brandon Allen. Put him at WR and he broke every record possible except receptions. Had like 28 TD's his junior year before jumping to the pros.
Good call, mang! Joey McBride was truly sick for my Wolverines in NCAA '05.

I'd have to look up his stats and see how they compare to other running backs I had in that version of the game. Sometimes it's best to see how a player compared to others at his position in a particular version of the game, rather than against others at his position in all versions. In some versions, it can be easy to run or throw or catch and you get skewed stats. If a player is head-and-shoulders above others at his position in a particular version, he gets into the conversation for greatest recruit ever.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Gant. OLB. 6-6. 98 Hit Power. 98 tackling. 92 speed. 86 catching. Started 4 years for my Idaho dynasty, as soon as I got them good. I got him as one of those added prospects in the offseason, turns out he was the number 1 overall prospect. He was just amazing. Hit and ran like a safety, biggest player on the field, hands like a WR. He was so good I had to put him in a Fullback too.
Washington Wizards
Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Good call, mang! Joey McBride was truly sick for my Wolverines in NCAA '05.

I'd have to look up his stats and see how they compare to other running backs I had in that version of the game. Sometimes it's best to see how a player compared to others at his position in a particular version of the game, rather than against others at his position in all versions. In some versions, it can be easy to run or throw or catch and you get skewed stats. If a player is head-and-shoulders above others at his position in a particular version, he gets into the conversation for greatest recruit ever.
Definitely agree with that but NCAA 05 was a pretty straight game if I remember correctly and just the simple fact that he was the first name that came to mind when I thought BDawg All-Time players has to count for something
Old 06-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I just got a promotion from a 10-3 Army school that i was doing for 4 years to a 5-7 Michigan State team. I just got the game so I didnt realize the cheese in recruiting the post season generated recruits. SO i targeted the number one guy on a crap shoot cuz I needed to get some studs.

Got a DT 91 ovr freshman with 88 speed....Ndomokung anybody??? lol Dude was a monster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #32
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
Definitely agree with that but NCAA 05 was a pretty straight game if I remember correctly and just the simple fact that he was the first name that came to mind when I thought BDawg All-Time players has to count for something
Yeah, I've been away from the 'nasty business for more than a year now, so my memory has been fuzzy. I checked out Avid real quick when I saw this thread, because I have an Eastern Michigan NCAA '08 'nasty still on there. The guys I thought of didn't have the kind of stats I thought they did.

I know I had a cornerback named Jeff Cox in my NCAA '09 Oregon State 'nasty who set my all-time interception record and returned a ton of kicks and punts for touchdowns but, again, that might be a product of how NCAA '09 played. Seemed to be a lot of picks and a lot of return touchdowns.

NCAA '05 was tough on the passing game, if I recall correctly. I may have been forced to go with a ground attack, which I gladly did with Joey McBride in my backfield. I believe he had over 6,000 yards in three seasons. I recall pulling him out of a total blowout early in the third quarter with over 200 yards already in the bank or he could've gone for 400-plus that day, easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »