Home

Best Recruit You Ever Had??

This is a discussion on Best Recruit You Ever Had?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Best Recruit You Ever Had??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yeah, a lot of experimenting. Had some sliders that were as good as you could hope for. Always had some great games, like 38-36, 44-37, 31-28 and usually had some blowouts too, when I was playing some scrub team. Had a heart-breaking loss to Texas one year, I scored w/ :58 to play to go up 48-44, meaning a FG did them no good. They drove down and scored w/ :06 left to win 51-48.

You just sit there stunned and mad as hell... LOL
Now that's football. Heartbreaking loss for sure. Been on the end of a couple of those. Never quite get over them. Loss to Florida one year like that. I had them on the ropes for three quarters with a 23-10 lead but they scored two unanswered touchdowns (the last one with less than a minute left) to beat me 24-23. I only got down to the 38 and missed the 53 yard field goal with 0:03 secs to play (the CPU cheated me ).

Anyway, I've had several really good recruits but usually due to time restraints I don't get to see them graduate before I end up buying the next version. Usually get to their Junior seasons and then July rolls around again. But I do have from NCAA 10 when I landed the best TE I've ever had playing with UGA my first recruiting year. Jason Taylor is 6'5 250 and routinely pancake blocks the crap out of people and has the softest hands. Any goal line or short yardage situation he's money. He's the third leading receiver behind AJ Green in my dynasty. But alas July 13th is just around the corner and I will probably never finish his career because I want NCAA 11 so bad. I wish it was some way you could continue a dynasty and transfer data from one version of the game to the next. Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #42
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigstudios
Anyway, I've had several really good recruits but usually due to time restraints I don't get to see them graduate before I end up buying the next version. Usually get to their Junior seasons and then July rolls around again. But I do have from NCAA 10 when I landed the best TE I've ever had playing with UGA my first recruiting year. Jason Taylor is 6'5 250 and routinely pancake blocks the crap out of people and has the softest hands. Any goal line or short yardage situation he's money. He's the third leading receiver behind AJ Green in my dynasty. But alas July 13th is just around the corner and I will probably never finish his career because I want NCAA 11 so bad. I wish it was some way you could continue a dynasty and transfer data from one version of the game to the next. Oh well.
You have a moral obligation to finish that young man's career!!!

In my NCAA '09 dynasty, I got bored playing with Oregon State, but I had a cornerback named Jeff Cox who was going to break all of my all-time dynasty mode records (yes, I keep track of such things). I made sure I played through Season 5, which was his senior year, before putting that baby to rest.

I sleep better at night now.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #43
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4

some things are not fair: i signed a 92 ovr safety. i changed his name to Ekpe Udoh but i think his name was Cody Steele.
6'4 230. 92 speed.
i thought that he was big enough to fill my graduating linebacker's spot (i was north texas in an OD in my like 8th yr so they were a perrenial power.)
turns out he is a 94 mlb as a true freshman. he jumps in and totals around 100 tkls, 3 picks, 7 sacks, 35 tfl. around halfway into his sophmore season (99 ovr 93 spd now) he is on pace for well more than 100 tkls and 20 sacks 40 tfl and already has 3 td's
this guy is an animal

North Texas Dyansty: 2016-NC
Old 06-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was playing with Georgia in an online dynasty with one other person. I first looked at the recruiting chart at the beginning of the season and i was shocked with what I found. A 5 star cornerback that ran a 4.32 forty yard dash. I battled the other person in my dynasty who was playing with michigan the entire season and finally won the cornerback recruit by the name of Bill Phillips. As a true freshman Bill Phillips was an 89 overall rating with a 97 speed rating. Bill Phillips started for my team at corner and also played running back when I was in need for a big play. It was a risk putting a corner at running back but he ended up leading my team on runs of over 50 yards . He also rushed for 500 yards which isnt bad for a guy who plays both ways. As a sophomore I kept him at corner and as a sophomore he was a 94 overall and a 99 speed. by the time Bill Phillips was a senior he had broken countless Georgia records and a good amount of NCAA records. He was a 99 overall as a senior. and thats the story of my best recruit.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 62

He isn't my best but he has the best name, Scott Scott.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #46
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
That kid has some messed up parents! LOL

Old 06-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #47
Rookie

j_tinkler21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
We had an OL last year in our Online Dynasty named Paul Paul. Believe he was #1 overall as well, ended up at LSU.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #48
stewaat

OVR:

http://stewaat.webs.com/HBs.html

Check out Ivan McKinney. He was robbed of the Heisman but he led my squad to a National Title. He broke the NCAA TD & yards record. He was injured the last half of his Sr season...which was tough to not hit the reset button lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »