Home

When will Team Builder now be updated?

This is a discussion on When will Team Builder now be updated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: When will Team Builder now be updated?

They seemed so close to adding the text box last year, I (foolishly) assumed it'd be in this year.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Because you can import teams from last years team builder into the new one. It doesn't need to be touched other than adding the '11 rosters, mascots, and playbooks.
OK I gotcha. I thought you were waiting for updated features. Yea the new rosters, mascots, and hopefully uniforms should be added.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #11
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

I think Teambuilder would be perfect with a textbox area on the front of the jersey and the ability to download teams directly to your Xbox. Other than that, last year's features work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm wondering if playing online has anything to do with the text box addiction. I know it sounds dumb, but so many people would abuse it to include obscene things that maybe EA just doesn't want to deal with it.

I know we have the whole "report team as obscene" option, but I could definitely see them not including text as a way to bypass the problem altogether.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
I'm wondering if playing online has anything to do with the text box addiction. I know it sounds dumb, but so many people would abuse it to include obscene things that maybe EA just doesn't want to deal with it.

I know we have the whole "report team as obscene" option, but I could definitely see them not including text as a way to bypass the problem altogether.
There was a swear filter on the Xbox version (maybe the PS3 as well) that was so ridiculous it caught things that weren't even offensive and replaced it with XXXXXXXX's. So I don't see that being the reason it wasn't added; I think it was more of a time constraint.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19

eh, really? They couldn't sensor it like the names and such?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

I totally agree. A text box is a much needed addition in my opinion. I'm hoping it's added as well. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do. I would think they would only allow for text in certain areas (helmet, front of jersey, back of jersey, stripe area on pants, etc..) and treat it just as another logo placement.

Even though it's a relatively small addition, it would make me much more interested in TeamBuilder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 29

I was thinking about this I don't think they can have TB2 go live until release day because whatever the updated features are won't work with NCAA 10. The site always has to be in sync with the current game and until release day 10 is the current game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »