Home

Game Speed

This is a discussion on Game Speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Game Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Pass speeds were cranked up last year, and i think it's the same speed this year. I believe they did it in order to tone down the number of interceptions, so if you added a speed slider for passes, it would possibly increase or decrease the number of INT's thrown.
The INT's in NCAA Football 08, 09 and 10 were more a product of the defenders all having WR/RB catching skills

The game historically will even have DT's with a catch rating of 40 or higher....

Most Defensive linemen can go 4 years without having more than 1-2 picks their entire career. Yet in NCAA the chances of seeing a DL intercept one of those moon balls is very high. That is the case with LB's aswell they have hands like possession WR's

It's actually really cool when you take away their catching skills because then you see more pass deflection animations and guys batting the ball down.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 03:10 AM   #26
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

way too fast its like playing blitz out there
Old 06-17-2010, 04:09 AM   #27
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

No way its too fast. Its perfect speed. Madden 10 was WAAAAY to slow even on normal last year. It felt like players were running through quick sand. the ncaa 11 demo has good speed. the only part that i think is fast is the special teams. But it makes it more realistic where teams are starting between the 20-25 opposed to the 30-35 yardline. Very welcomed to me that running a KO or a Punt back will be earned this year
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #28
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Honestly guys, they included 4 selectable speeds so everyone can adjust to their liking. Why are we still having this conversation?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #29
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't wait to play this game with a slower game speed setting. The speed in that youtube video looked perfect for me.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Honestly guys, they included 4 selectable speeds so everyone can adjust to their liking. Why are we still having this conversation?
^^^^^^^
Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #31
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
No way its too fast. Its perfect speed. Madden 10 was WAAAAY to slow even on normal last year. It felt like players were running through quick sand. the ncaa 11 demo has good speed. the only part that i think is fast is the special teams. But it makes it more realistic where teams are starting between the 20-25 opposed to the 30-35 yardline. Very welcomed to me that running a KO or a Punt back will be earned this year
About the special teams and I've said this for years. There is one very obvious, very fixable solution to the KO and punt return problems and that is ball hangtime. Kicks in Madden and NCAA just simply don't hang in the air the way kicks do in the real game. How many times have you seen a punt come down and theres blockers and defenders all around the return man in a real football game? Now how many times have you seen that in Madden or NCAA? Personally, I've never seen it, even if I kick the ball with the arrow as far up as it goes. It's always just the two gunners and one guy coming down the middle of the field along with a couple blockers but most of the team is still back near the line of scrimmage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think the game speed is fine... Madden was too slow last year imo. Football players are fast, they should be moving fast. Not NCAA of a couple years ago fast, but I think the demo is fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »