Home

Kentucky

This is a discussion on Kentucky within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I'm a big fan of Morgan Newton. He may not be listed as their starting quarterback, but he's going to be a stud.
He is listed as their starting QB
Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Well good then. Last year, their starting QB, Mike Hartline, went down with an injury and Newton stepped up as a true freshman and started 6 games but Hartline was back and I don't know for sure who is going to be the starter.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
six
Banned

OVR: 6

I'm a Kentucky fan.

On offense, as others have stated, your main weapons are Cobb at WR/Wildcat/throwing out of the Wildcat, as well as Locke at RB and in the screen and short passing game, since he's speedy.

Newton is no where near as fast in real life(atleast he didn't show us he was last year) as he is given rating wise in the game...that said, I'll take the 87 speed and like it. He should definitely start in anyone's dynasty with UK, don't even mess with Flatline, even though he's a 79 just like Newton overall, Newton's speed and year (Soph to Hartline's Senior) leaves great room for improvement by the 3rd year of your dynasty if you go with Newton, who will be a Senior by then.

The defense is an unknown in real life and in the game. They are not rated very highly but they shouldn't be. You will basically have to use a bend but not break attitude with the defense in your dynasty and hope you can just outscore most teams on your schedule as far as SEC games go....but the way you outscore them cannot be an aggressive run and shoot type offense, but rather an effective, ball control, pound it with Locke and Cobb in the wildcat, short passes,etc, offense that puts TD's on the board and chews clock, keeping the maligned defense off the field as much as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh, and in real life, last I heard Hartline has the inside track to being the starter but like six said just start Newton because he is dual-threat.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

Use Miss St! Much cooler uniforms and the spread and best young head coach in the nation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »