Home

It is time for position specifics

This is a discussion on It is time for position specifics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: IT IS TIME FOR POSITION SPECIFICS

I think a big reason these changes will never be made is it takes re-programming of the game. It's easy for developers to take what they think is a good thing going and just carry it over year after year. Specific positions have been around since last gen and should've been done away with by now. I should be able to recruit a linebacker for what he is, a linebacker. Not an outside linebacker, left or right or middle but a LB. If he has great hands and stands 6'4" he should have a chance to become a great TE. It doesn't happen. It's awful sad.

I enjoyed reading the OP's post. Great knowledge of the game.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I really agree with a lot of your points. The biggest thing that bothers me, and is the "parent" issue, is that a lot of us feel like we know more about the game than the people who are making the game.

Can't they just ask some of us to help out with the game and we would come up with hundreds of updates such as what you mentioned in this thread.

It's not good enough to be skilled in game programming. If you want to make a football game, you better have some people on staff or volunteering their time that are consultants, for a lack of better terms.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 AM   #11
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4

thank you BucTD3! Great post... I definitely agree with you. It would really add some depth to managing your team, and would give you the ability to make adjustments to your team over the course of a season. This would be great for gameplanning as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
thank you BucTD3! Great post... I definitely agree with you. It would really add some depth to managing your team, and would give you the ability to make adjustments to your team over the course of a season. This would be great for gameplanning as well.
I am glad that you agree lets just hope that some of the people that really matter like the producers of the game agree and get some of these changes into the game. I think they should really ask people that KNOW FOOTBALL about some of the finer points of the game. But hey who are we just people who buy the game and have expectations for the game that we purchase.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I think it was back in the NFL 2k series on Dreamcast that they had cornerback assignments where you could assign a corner to a specific receiver. I would love to see something like this implemented in the NCAA series.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #14
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I think it was back in the NFL 2k series on Dreamcast that they had cornerback assignments where you could assign a corner to a specific receiver. I would love to see something like this implemented in the NCAA series.
im pretty sure i remember doing that in madden in strategy option in the menu when paused in the game... i thought it was in ncaa but never checked
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

it may have been in Madden as well (haven't played it in years though). I don't remember it in NCAA though
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »