Home

Do the people at EA even watch college football?

This is a discussion on Do the people at EA even watch college football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #73
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Do the people at EA even watch college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
And if you look really closely, you can see that the NCAA 11 Top 25 CLOSELY resembles a combination of real life polls. EA didn't just come up with their own Top 25, they used ESPN, AP, Coaches, etc. A variety of polls.
That isn't the issue here. For example Ohio St is a top 5 team in NCAA 11 and a top 5 team in every poll in the nation. But the problem is OSU having an A+ offense. The same could be said for a lot of teams in the top 25.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #74
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah, sorry I didn't clear that up. I was saying that they don't come up with team rankings out of thin air. They actually base that on real life. I do, however, agree that the team ratingsare way off. There is no way Bama is A+ on defense with 1 returning full-time starter. Nebraska was embarrassing on offense last year, far from an A. So the rankings are right, but the ratings are highly incorrect.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #75
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Yeah, sorry I didn't clear that up. I was saying that they don't come up with team rankings out of thin air. They actually base that on real life. I do, however, agree that the team ratingsare way off. There is no way Bama is A+ on defense with 1 returning full-time starter. Nebraska was embarrassing on offense last year, far from an A. So the rankings are right, but the ratings are highly incorrect.
Exactly. The team rankings are right, but their specific ratings are off and in most cases backwards. Iowa should not be rated higher on offense then defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #76
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah I completely agree. Like TCU being in the Top 10 in every defensive category yet being higher on offense. I just pointed out the ratings situation for those complaining about where a team is ranked in the 25. Oregon is still highly ranked, even though Masoli is gone.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #77
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
First off, oregon ran the spread Dixon's senior year under Crowton. Crowtons playcalling was horrendous and predictable, which led to the offense playing like doo doo, yet Dixon still completed his highest percentage of his career that year. Yes, higher than his senior season. He was ridiculously accurate. Thomas is not in the same stratosphere yet. Ill gladly find your links once I am not posting from a phone, but believe me when I say neither are impressive.
I said they ran it his senior year. And it was under Chip Kelly. And his senior year, under Kelly, was his highest completion % of his career, 67%. Until his senior year, when he came out of nowhere, Dixon was regarded as a huge disappointment in Eugene. He was getting benched for Brady Leaf for the last half of his junior season due to ineffectiveness. Then they switch offenses and magically he's better. Does that sound more like the player, or more like the offensive coordinator? It isn't my intent to say Thomas is a great QB. He still needs to improve his decision making and maturity. But I think he is farther along now, and has more natural ability, than Dennis Dixon was as a sophomore. And I don't think Dixon was all that great of a QB - I think he was better than Masoli, but I think Masoli excelling the way he did shows you don't need a great QB to run this offense. And for the record, I'm an Oregon fan saying I don't think Dixon was all that great of a QB. There's a reason they handed Chip Kelly the job on a silver platter.

And for the record completion % does not equal accuracy. When you get to a certain level, you can hit a target. Getting a completion is about a lot more than accuracy. Troy Aikman is generally regarded as one of the most accurate passers in history, but his career completion % is 61.5. That's barely better than David Garrard and Jason Campbell, and worse than Tony Romo, Brett Favre, Matt Schaub, and Jay Cutler. Does anyone really think Brett Favre and Jay Cutler are more accurate than Troy Aikman?
Old 07-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #78
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Since the guys that do rosters are doing it for free (unless there's something I don't know) would it behoove EA to ask these guys to work on them on behalf of us?

They wouldn't even have to pay them to do it. I bet they'd do it just for the sake of saying they had a hand in it.

It would be a win-win for the makers and the gamers.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #79
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
lol at your warning reason hahaha

I like to build us (WKU) up in the NCAA game and make us into a powerhouse..that is the only cool thing with my team being a cupcake lol. But I also like to play with Oregon cause of the uni's and because they are pretty good so its not as challenging or frustrating.

I don't know that much about them, yes other teams have had unproven QBs and have been successful, but I know that #7 has injury problems and Thomas is still a youngin, Thomas is good but yeah still unproven. I think we should all just wait til the season starts though to bicker about this stuff.

Its all personal perception at this point, aka bias.
I think you already know this, but for the record I didn't mean anything by what I said. If you check all of my previous posts you will find I don't start anything will people here or post negative comments. Have a good day.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #80
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

LOL at how this thread has turned into a "How good is Oregon/Dennis Dixon" thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »