Home

How Will You Run Your Offline Dynasty?

This is a discussion on How Will You Run Your Offline Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 15
Re: How Will You Run Your Offline Dynasty?

Gonna do one with my Auburn Tigers of course and then another with a 3 star team and try to make them into a 6 star team.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm not sure who I'm taking yet, either Tulane or Central Michigan, but I will be implementing a triple option offense
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

Usually, I do a dynasty with Auburn. However, this year I want to rebuild a program, since a lot of people on here seem to be doing so as well. I have chosen UL Lafayette, since they are in the Southeast (recruiting), and because they run the Spread Offense which I love. I'll do my best to build them up and make them the dominant force in the Sun Belt, or to get an invitation to a bigger conference like the SEC or ACC. After I build them up, I will try to land a job at a bigger program, preferably Auburn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #12
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I've been playing one at the office for the last month or two (I think I'm in year 2058).

I created the "Texas Conference" where I took all 10 teams in Texas and swapped them into the Pac 10. What I do is I play with a team (started as Texas Tech) and lead them to a championship. When they win the BCS title, I quit the job and take one with the worst team in the conference.

Obviously I'm simming most games. It is more of a test of recruiting. I'll go in-game when there is a work reason to play a game.

So far I have won with Texas Tech, Rice, and Baylor. I'm thinking I can get Houston a title by the end, but not sure yet! It is VERY challenging.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I've been playing one at the office for the last month or two (I think I'm in year 2058).

I created the "Texas Conference" where I took all 10 teams in Texas and swapped them into the Pac 10. What I do is I play with a team (started as Texas Tech) and lead them to a championship. When they win the BCS title, I quit the job and take one with the worst team in the conference.

Obviously I'm simming most games. It is more of a test of recruiting. I'll go in-game when there is a work reason to play a game.

So far I have won with Texas Tech, Rice, and Baylor. I'm thinking I can get Houston a title by the end, but not sure yet! It is VERY challenging.
That's a cool idea. I used to do that on Madden before they made it so you couldn't change teams in Franchise.

I'll use VT like I always do. I'll probably redshirt Darren Evans and try to get Ryan Williams the Heisman. Tech pounds the rock, so I'll stay true to that style. With this years iteration, it seems like running the ball will be far more rewarding.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #14
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

I will be running with Michigan State. I never played as them before but they fit the best to what I was looking for. I wanted an ok team with not a great prestige rating (3 stars). I like the pro style offense and since i play mostly as the middle linebacker on defense I wanted a team with a good one and they have Greg Jones who is arguably the best middle linebacker in the nation. The only thing I wish they were was a 3-4 defense but ill survive with the 4-3.

When it comes to recruiting I am not too picky at who I recruit. I just find players who are interested and try to recruit them. When recruiting a middle linebacker I do look for speed so I can run sideline to sideline better. I usually recruit scrambling QB's but since they run a pro style offense I will most likely look for more pocket passers unless a scrambling QB is really interested in me.

I cant wait.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #15
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4

Always start with my Iowa State running the offense implemented by Coach Herman. I know it's a video game, but it allows me to get a good feel on how the season may go, skill set of players in the system and gets me pumped for the season.

After I win the NC I quite and take a 1 star team and build. Hoping for a better coaching ladder, I will build up the teams and work my way up to the top tier school, hopefully having to take a couple jobs before that point - otherwise I'll just build the 1 star school all the way.

I was excited by the RnS this year, but appears is still limited on option plays, so I'm looking at a mix of either spread option with RnS style, or Pistol. I think I've had my share of Triple Option that I'm ready for something new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm going to use UL Monroe for my first dynasty. I never liked playing the spread offense but I'm going to try it out the first year and see if I'd change my mind. If not, I'm going to switch to Pro style.

I'll probably build up them up for a couple years. Maybe I'll take them to the SEC or take another job depending on if I get bored playing with the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »